The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where should i mount these tweeters?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Icon5 Where should i mount these tweeters?

I just put in my new audiobahn speakers in the rear deck i also bought tweeters. im stock on where to put them.
    Im told they need to face the center or front center of the car for optimal sound

http://soundstormlab.com/main/817
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I'd mount them in the stock location, right behind where the side mirrors mount to the door:

Or, if you don't mind cutting into the dash, put them right above the defroster vents, that's the stock location for the tweeters on 9G's and a whole lot of other cars:

You could even put them low in the pillar plastic too, I've seen plenty cars put them there too.

Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

yeah u can search for the tweeter pods, i dont remember the part numbers but they are on the boards if u search

I would mount them on the dash so the sound reflects off the windshield and fill up the whole car. I mounted mine to my door panels, and its too loud sometimes.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I would recommend stock location. Where the side mirrors are. I mean if the sound is too loud you can reduce the treble in the sterio. There is a reasone why they put em there.

talk' tapatalk

I'd recommend them in the stock location too. I wouldn't get those SSL tweeters though. They appear to be flush mount only, which would be a problem for that location and SSL stuff is... well... shit. I've had some of their stuff and pulled it out of my car immediately after installing it.

alredy bought the ones i posted.. i think ill go with the door pannels
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

in the spot where the factory ones go... simple and plain.

mine are BOSTON AUDIO separates mounted low profile to the sail panels behind the side mirrors (stock location for the INFINITY system).

if ur afraid of it being to loud just put them on the rear deck next to ur 6x9

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh_617 View Post
    if ur afraid of it being to loud just put them on the rear deck next to ur 6x9
    unless you have tweeters up front already, putting tweeters on the rear deck would absolutely ruin staging and imaging. tweeters (and midrange drivers) sare directional so putting them behind you w/o any front tweeters (and midrange drivers) would make all the music seem like it's coming from behind you. subwoofers can b placed anywhere (space needed of course) because they are omni directional, meaning your ears can not "locate" them, so they do not adversely affect imaging and staging.