The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEED HELP QUICK!

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Supernova

NEED HELP QUICK!

I cleared my needles, and am wireing the AC Reverse EL guages back in... now, I don't know if this happened before, I can't remember, but every time I turn the key to the ACC. possition(or whatever that possition is before START and where all the lights come on on the tackometer or whatever its called), I get this buzzing sound for a half a second from the, I believe it is the alternator(sp?).

Is this normal? If not, would it do any damage? I sure as heck don't want anything to be screwed up before NOPI.

I've got this posted in 8g Gen Chat too. I'll just leave the one I get the answer I need in and deleat the other.

Thanks alot.

Ps: the guages come on and everything, needles work....

does the car start?

did u make sure to disconnect your battery before you work on your car, especially electrical work?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>does the car start?

did u make sure to disconnect your battery before you work on your car, especially electrical work?</div>

I haven't tryed to start it yet.... I might should do that And no I didn't dissconnect the battery. >_< (oops)

Senior TGC Member
    My car did that when I was changing my rear brakelight. I dunno why or what it means, but it only buzzed once, and started normally after that. I posted my problem a while back and I guess no one had enough experience at the time to answer.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Supernova
    My car cranks, and seems to idle fine(but still does the bzzst each time I pass the ACC possition). Hopefully when I go to school tomorrow I won't look out the window and see my car up in smoke...... :?

Supernova
    Well, only way my guages work is when I don't plug them into the dimmer swich. But when I do that, the lights on the console and milage are dim. And when I plug it into the dimmer switch, the lights are bright, but no guages...... So I have it unpluged. And still the bzzst. >_<

I'm taking it to Mitsu tomorrow to see if they know whats making the bzzst sound and if its harmful. But only if I can get them to do it for free of very cheap. I don't know if they will since this is after market stuff we're talking about here.

Supernova
    That is unless I can get a good answer from you guys.

I hate not being able to edit my posts.....(why I posted 3 posts in a row)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is unless I can get a good answer from you guys.

I hate not being able to edit my posts.....(why I posted 3 posts in a row)</div>
    Super, sounds like you have the gauges plugged into the wrong dimmer switch wire. There are two black wires on the dimmer switch. It sounds like you just tapped the wrong one. That buzzing is the relay under the fuse box.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is unless I can get a good answer from you guys.

I hate not being able to edit my posts.....(why I posted 3 posts in a row)</div>
    Super, sounds like you have the gauges plugged into the wrong dimmer switch wire. There are two black wires on the dimmer switch. It sounds like you just tapped the wrong one. That buzzing is the relay under the fuse box.</div>

Well, if the fuse box is the "L" shaped box over by the intake, then it sure doesn't sound like its coming form there. It sounds like its coming from or from around where that gold round thing is right next to where the air from the intake enters the engin. IF the sound is coming fromunder the duse box, my ears are playing tricks on me.

Oh and here s diagram thing......

There are two(or more, but the ones i'm working with is 2) wires coming from the black box that came from my guages are red and black. Heres the holes in the clip incert that goes into the dimmer switch O O O(except square) The black wire is here X O O. The red wire does the same thing plugged in O X O and O O X here(which is the guages turn on, but the dimmer switch doesn't work when its plugged in). Dad said if i touch the black and red one together it will short.

@_@

Uhhh, if you ahve any advise still...... fell free to share.