The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can anyone tell me if their car ever did this???? TB????

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    95BLkGaLaNt

can anyone tell me if their car ever did this???? TB????

Alright my cars been doin this for like a month i think its ethier the throttle body or the computer. It wont do it all the time but occasionally. The engine will rev up and down repeatedly between 1 and 2 thousand rpms, and then it will stop for a bit if i turn my ac on. But its gettin worse and if my cars in first gear and its doing that it will accelerate my car and throw it forward, and if its in the higher gears, 2nd and 3rd and it hits 2,000 rpms it will start jerkin my car back and forth. If anyone can help me or has had this happen tell me because its driving me nuts. I want to get a 60mm 1g throttlebody and see if maybe that will fix it, because it sounds like its deprived of air.

IF anyone can help me out or help me locate a new throttlebody asap let me know i need it now and will buy it right away.

Zander
    my buddie has a honda and it was doing what you were talking about reving up and down I don't really know if it did it while in gear, but every one told him it was the map sensor. (mass air prodution sensor)

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Im having a similiar problem, mine does it on start up and when i throw it in gear the rpms drop to almost 0. if it is map sensor where exactly is it located so I can try it out and see if thats it.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Could be a sensor :? Does the 7g have an EGR valve? My truck did that and it turned out to be a failed EGR valve... dunno.

Moved to Car Problems...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Moosh
    Clean your throttle body first.

1) Buy throttle body cleaner or a degreaser
    2) Take off Air filter/mass airflow sensor
    3) Unbolt throttle body
    4) Unbolt the sensors from the TB, the cleaner can damage them
    5) Spray the inside of the throttle body, and concentrate on the walls of the inside. Spray a little, rub it off. Spray a little, rub it off. Let the spray sit on the dirt for a minute so it can break it down.
    6) Check the air filter make sure its clean since you are doing all this crap anyway, a new one costs like $5 unless you got a K&N, which you can buy a cleaning kit for $10
    7) Put everything back together.

If it doesn't work, I think your Idle Air Control motor maybe going bad. Seth actually has had problems with his idle rpms being screwed up because of his IAC being bad.

Va_G_Unit
    Bronx......My 8G was doing the same thing. Whenever I started it it would run a low RPM's & sometimes die. Also, when I stopped at a stop light it would run low RPM's and sometimes it would even die. I finally had it looked at and found out it was a sensor. Bad thing was that I let it go so long that I spent 1100 dollars to get it fixed because not only did I have to get the part replaced but I had to have an all out tune-up done on the car. I am glad that I got it done even though it cost me an arm and a leg because now my G runs like a champ.

Same shit happened to my car. When my mom had it there was a leak in a lower coolant line. so.........The it got fixed and it would rev itself wher ever turned on for bout 5 min. Took it to mitsubishi fortune up and radiator flush. The guy todl me it reved itself because there was air left in the coolant system. So if you had cooling system problems check that first. Flush only cost $90
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Could be a sensor :? Does the 7g have an EGR valve? My truck did that and it turned out to be a failed EGR valve... dunno.

Moved to Car Problems...
    yes the 7gen have an EGR valve, my check engine had came on, so i took my car to Autonzone and they told me that my car needed a EGR Valve, IAC Valve(idel air control valve), MAP Sensor and a MAF Sensor(Mas Air Flow sensor)......So i change my IDC Valve and my EGR Valve and my check engine light TURNED OFF.

BUT MY CAR DID NOT REV LIKE SOME OF YOU HAVE SAID

I will look for the paper and try to upload it to show you people where its located.

I had the same problem b4 i swapped my engine.

HiperSilver
    IAC is fucked. Some of our dsm's have this problem. Will idle at 2000 then suddently pop down to 1000, and just keeps switching off.

Moosh
    I am having the same exact problem as you guys are on my DOHC 4G64.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosh
    I am having the same exact problem as you guys are on my DOHC 4G64.
    Welcome to the club. :?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Moosh
    The car drives okay when I am driving around but at idle the rpms surge a lot and the car stalls many times if I let it idle like that for too long.

glantman
    ok first of all 1100 $for a tune up and a sensor call the better business burough buddy cause you just got ripped off. second does the engine rev waay up and then act like it is going to shut down in rapid succession while idling??

nme7
    Had the exact same thing happen to me. Dealer diagnosed it as a faulty ISC controller. They called it an idle servo controller or something close to that. Cost was under $200 for the repair.