The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM spoiler

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Airbus A320

OEM spoiler

Just in case anyone needs a new spoiler www.wheelguyz.com has OEM style spoilers for the 99-03 Galant. They are $99. I dont know if this is a good price or not, I just found the site this morning and thought I would share it with yall.

p.s. If this is the wrong forum to post this in Im sorry

Senior TGC Member
    Never apologize!! You never see newbies apologizing do you? All they do is complain It's the right forum anyway
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Spoiler Depot.com has them on ebay going for $169 shipped and they are painted to match whatever color you want included. Thats a really good deal for me seeing I have a red galant and reds the most expensive color paint out there. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33638
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

akiraflux

Re: reply

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman83)</div><div class='quotemain'>Spoiler Depot.com has them on ebay going for $169 shipped and they are painted to match whatever color you want included. Â*Thats a really good deal for me seeing I have a red galant and reds the most expensive color paint out there. Â*http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432579872&category=33 638</div>

that's who i would've bought mine from if i hadn't caught one in the for sale forum here.

Spoiler

Yeah I bought mine from them. Great spoiler and definitely am glad I got it. It gives a much more aggressive look to the car. Next project will hopefully be Shocks/Struts and Springs to give the front a more aggressive stance. Maybe a Christmas gift to myself. We'll have to see.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Airbus A320
    I think Im just gonna bite the bullet and buy a spoiler too. Looks like I'll be getting it from Spoilerdepot.com. I have one question though. Should I buy it painted or not? I have a white ES and when my front bumper was painted to factory code it did not fully match the car. Could my paint have faded that much on a 2001? If the paint is off on the spoiler will it be that hard to tell since the spoiler is a lot smaller than a bumper?

personally, i'd talk to some local body shops and see how much its gonna cost to get your spoiler painted. my wing costed 30 dollars to paint but i also have black which is one of the more common colors, meaning that its cheap too. see the difference with that.

a good body shop will also have a more accurate way of matching the color of the paint. they would take a color sample from your car and match it to that instead of the color code.

but yea even with that you might notice a slight difference. the paint on the spoiler is new and the paint on the car is older.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Airbus A320
    Thanks Pinoy. Im gonna start calling around for a price quote on painting and installing.

my car's a '99 you think that minden silver pearl would have faded too much to need another paint job - or would it match pretty well w/ the one supplied by the dealer on ebay??

OEM Spoiler

I have an 02 Red Galant and the spoiler they gave me matches really well. There's only a slight difference in color because of being out in the sun all day it will definitely wear off red quick. Still look nice though. Pictures show this.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

to answer your question air bus I wouldn't get it from Spoiler Depot because you can get a white paintjob for a heck of alot cheaper than 70 bucks. go with the $99 from wheelguyz. Then get it painted by a body shop. They'll install it too. I got mine installed though the left rear tailights brake line. and then took out the third brake light. No problems.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    damn yo!! Spoilerdepot gave it to me dry....Im not sure what all the indivdual prices were, but the compounded 1 was $228 :shock: Now I have a spot that flaked off....hmmmmm maybe I can return it and get a replacement.

...U N D E A D...

Airbus A320
    Good lookin out Wolfman. I was just thinking that same thing after I got quoted $45 to have it painted and installed. This would be a lot cheaper than spoiler depot. I hope this wheelguyz company is good though. I have not bought anything from them but when I called them with questions they where very friendly and helpful.

Spoiler

Buy it through Ebay Knightrider that where the discount is.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Spoiler

As far as the flaking paint yeah I'd say give it back because the guarantee their work.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

MaxedOut97Maxima

I got my GTZ spoiler off of ebay...

it was $85.00 two years ago..

your point

and your point being?
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

Re: I got my GTZ spoiler off of ebay...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaxedOut97Maxima)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*

it was $85.00 two years ago..</div>

oh you sob.. i paid 500 with paint job..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ