The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Leak abover the oil pressure sensor

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Icon4 Oil Leak abover the oil pressure sensor

The Oil Pressure Sensor is not leaking but there is enough oil above it on the block right between the intake and the block and it's not the valve cover. Any ideas?

Check all of the following. Bank 1 valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, crankshaft seal, rear main seal (between the motor and trans)

I have the same prob. looks like bacon grease all over the oil pressure sensor. I just pressure washed the bottom of the engine so i can see where the leak is coming from. I bought all of those seals and gaskets just in case but ima wait before I have my mechanic install them. I'm tired of buying cans of engine degreaser anyway

My front valve cover was leaking so I just tightened the 4 bolts in the front and no more leak but I still wanna replace the gaskets for both front and back.

But from what you described it sounds like the bank 1 (rear) valve cover is leaking. assuming you have a V6 like I do...

I have a 4 bang 4g64. I've checked around and there is a no leaking which is pretty damn good for this engine with nearly 200k on it except this leak behind the valve cover... I replaced the valve cover gasket and plug well gaskets already... The valve cover is not leaking so I'm worried it's the head gasket leaking. Which is totally possible I'm guessing. Wonder how big of a deal that would be...?

Icon1 Solved!

After a complete inspection of the engine and transmission I located the oil leak. The oil leak was coming from the Crank Shaft Position Sensor Housing/Bracket. It is a machines aluminum piece which fits very very snug against the engine head on the right side of the cam shaft. It is held in place by 2 screws, and, on my car was sealed to the head with some kind of RTV sealant which is NOT appropriate for this application. I went to the hardware store and bought 2 O-Rings and rolled them down over the part that inserts into the engine. the second O-Ring rolls over the first one making a wider gasket. If you discover this problem remember to use OIL RESISTANT O-Rings. ALSO AS a BENEFICIAL consequence to this oil leak fix the LASH ADJUSTERS NO LONGER MAKE NOISE EVER!