The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stuck gas pedal

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    llatinn4_20

Stuck gas pedal

Anytime the weather is below freezing my gas pedal gets stuck. Best way I can explain is after I start i have to stomp on the gas. After the first stomp pedal works fine. Any thoughts anyone?

My parent's Honda Accord would do this... can't remember if they ever resolved it or not, I'll have to ask about it.

'03 Galant LS V6

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

V6 or 4 cyl?

I had a similar problem with a V6 and my issue was due to the throttle cable shield fractured where it mounts on the intake manifold by the throttle body. It would bind up and the return springs did not have appropriate tension to overcome it.

I'm not sure how the 4 cyl is set up, but it could be the same. Check the cable, check the throttle body itself, and check the pedal.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Mine has kinda had a bind on two occasions, but it was a dirty throttle body. I didn't have to mash the gas, but just give it more pressure than usual until it. I just cleaned it with some carb cleaner and some scrubbing pad I bought that I knew would rip or shed parta back into the intake. Also applied the cleaner instead of spraying everything back in the motor.