The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to change cabin filter?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

How to change cabin filter?

Does anyone have a link on how to change the cabin filter for a '99 Galant? Maybe with pics? I know it's somewhere behind the glove box.
    - 2002 Sentra SE-R Spec V (stock)
    - 1999 Mitsubishi Galant V6 (auto)
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

i was wondering about this too. does anyone know where i can get one for my car?

Open the glove box, push in the tabs at each side of the glove box, then it should flip all the way down, once you do this you will be able to see it behind the glove box and you just pull it out and replace it. My model doesnt have one, but thats how i checked to see if it did

i know where its located, i was just wondering where to get one. are they same as the filters you would use in your intake?

edit, oh wait sorry cg didnt know where it was located

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdipier2
    i know where its located, i was just wondering where to get one. are they same as the filters you would use in your intake?

dealership

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1

dealership
    oh damn. i bet they charge and arm a leg for it too

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

dealership
    not really I paid $22.36 in NYC

dealership
    That's why I call them the stealership. Anyway, thanks for the info on how to change it.
    "In the past, God overlooked such ignorance, but now He commands all people everywhere to repent. For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man [Jesus Christ] whom God appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead." Acts 17:30-31.

dealership
    not really I paid $22.36 in NYC
    thats not too bad...

So I removed the cabin filter and it was dirty and clogged up. It was probably the one from the factory. Anyway, do I really need to use a cabin filter or can I use the A/C without it?

you really don't need one. the newer 8g's deleted the cabin filter. just put the empty tray back in there.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

what year did they start deleting the filters? would a 2000 ES have one?

Quote Originally Posted by darkbane
    what year did they start deleting the filters? would a 2000 ES have one?
    they stopped it midway into the 2001 model year

ah cool. Got a model number on that part? I want to see if I can get it at work but the computer can't cross reference it since the model/year is listed as not having a cabin filter.

i believe its MR500360

I know this to be older post however, thought I'd add the following link on how to remove and install cabin filter;
    http://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/20...er_cabin/check

Also, cabin filter can be purchased at Pep Boys (Purolator C25874). I believe it will fit 2.4 and 3.0 vehicles, including Eclipse. When installing new filter, make sure the airflow directional arrows stamped on the edges of the filter are pointing in the downward position.

You can purchase cabin tray and filter assembly from Mitsubishi, if your vehicle is not equipped with one (MR500360). Part number for screws that hold tray in place, MB899699 / MB409435. Or, go to salvage yard and check 2001 or earlier Galants and Eclipse for assembly.
    You will have to cut out hole for tray to slide into place.
    Here are before and after photos showing where to cut and install tray / filter in vehicle without (03 Eclipse);

BEFORE
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6002/...7274a17b_z.jpg

AFTER
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6137/...e7f4bf75_z.jpg

Mitsubishi Technical Service Bulletin showing how to install filter and tray;

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...fewSU72rAB_sVM
    Last edited by GSpeed; 09-27-2012 at 05:55 AM

thank you, this is very good to know. been wondering for a year now why it was just a casing/cap with nothing in it.