The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone used factory matched spray paint

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Anyone used factory matched spray paint

Theres a few companies that sell online the 12 oz. spray cans factory matched. Has anyone one used this and how it match up?

I've used paint from Paintscratch twice. Once on the Galant and once on my friends Honda minivan. Both times it matched perfectly. Their service is great too. http://www.paintscratch.com/
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

but also remember that if your car is older, and has been exposed to the elements, there might be a slight variation in color. also if you have one of the metallic colors there will be a slight variation in color.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

true pinoy... mines a 01 so hopefully not a big dif in color yet. One place its $30 a can and the other $18.. must be some serious markup on that $30 can. I'm thinking of using it on my grill and rear garnish... one can should serve the purpose for that. They said the clearcoat is a acrylic enamel and I believe thats the same stuff kylon and rustoleum makes there clearcoats out of for $3. The online places wanted $11 at one and $5 at the other.

I used paintscratch.com also and my car is Barcelona Red, which is supposed to have a slight pearl o it. The paint I got was very close, I didn't notice it seemed a touch darker. Overall, I was satisfied with it.

-Mohammad

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    but also remember that if your car is older, and has been exposed to the elements, there might be a slight variation in color. also if you have one of the metallic colors there will be a slight variation in color.
    If you had ever actually dealt with paintscratch.com or spoken with them on the phone, like I have, you'd know that they mix the paint based on the age of your car, using an average deterioration factor to adjust the color. That's one of the reasons I recommended them.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.