The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5speed swapped!!!! Little help please

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

5speed swapped!!!! Little help please

Just recently completed the swap and there are a few questions lingering one is a worry the other are confusion on my part. The biggest issue is I hear a slight grinding noise when I'm accelerating almost sounds like rubbing of some sort not sure what it could be. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on what to check. The next question has there been a way to tap into the harness to connect the speedo or is the connector inside the only option. Last question for the reverse lights do I short the together or connect them to something. Any and all help is appreciated.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Idk about the other things but for the reverse you connect the two wires to the sensor on the trans

«Carlos»

ok thanks a lot... I keep reading it may be the throw out bearing t hats grinding but what might cause that to happen and could that damage the transmission badly?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

personally when i did the swap i found that the engine mount was no good. when you give it some gas and the engine twists the metal part on the engine mount and the chasis vibrated against eachother. look for freshly worn paint marks around the trans mount.

never thought about that thanks man
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....