The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Code P0506

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Code P0506

Long story...

1. Mid April: Cleaned TB and IAC area on TB. Cleaned IAC motor with TB Cleaner. Let completely dry, but accidently slammed hood on it. Re-installed, idle jumped to around 1500 RPM.

2. After $2500 on rebuilt trans... and a month later, still having high idle issue. Went to junk yard and pick up an IAC motor (sensor), and a few o-rings. After removing crushed one... I noticed there was no o-ring (must have fallen off when slammed hood on it). Replaced with junkyard IAC and car would not idle at all. Had to keep pumping the throttle to keep running. Idle was at 400 RPM and had to "peddle" at stops. Drove it for about 20 miles and it seemed to improve, then "check engine" light came on. I had no chance to get that checked since my son (son's car) got frustrated and change back to crushed IAC.

3. With crushed IAC installed, I adjusted idle to 800 RPM. No light on at first, then light appeared.

4. This AM, started it, after a little throttle pumping, let it "warm up" for about 20min, then drove to work. Light still on, but no issues with stalling or hesitations. Took it to Autozone at lunch and pulled P0506 code. Possible causes: vacuum leak, faulty PCV, possible restrictions in air intake path or exhaust and the worst ones... damaged/failed/dirty TB, internal engine problem or failed PCM...

5. ...and finally the questions... does this code mean the IAC motor (sensor) is bad? Should I try re-installing the junkyard part? Should I try another junkyard part? Should I just nut up buy an IAC online?

Thanks for your help in advance...

Sorry... forgot the specs:
    '02 V6 ES (not sure if it's Cali or not)
    Last edited by GarciaR88; 06-11-2013 at 04:20 PM