The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: havok after spark plug oil seals

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

havok after spark plug oil seals

Well this morning I was going to do the spark plug oil seals, valve cover seal, spark plug and wire combo. Did everything like in the tutorial but now my car sputters, runs rough and have an oil leak but not from the valve cover, shakes likes hell and sounds like a Subaru with an exhaust system. What the front door did I do wrong? Pls help.

I'm going to assume something with the spark plugs or the spark plug boot. Did you tighten all the spark plugs? Are the plug boots on snug.
    I'm also assuming you have the 4g64 motor. Did you plug the wire to the correct coil pack? Where's your oil leak?
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    I'm going to assume something with the spark plugs or the spark plug boot. Did you tighten all the spark plugs? Are the plug boots on snug.
    I'm also assuming you have the 4g64 motor. Did you plug the wire to the correct coil pack? Where's your oil leak?
    was my thoughts too. had a buddy's civic do something similar when he replaced his plug wires (aside from oil leak) turns out he had the wires plugged in all wrong...

so far as the leak are you sure its not from the cover? they are crazy easy to bend if you over torque it...

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Well the wires are right, 1 goes to 2 and 3 to 4. As for the bolts I don't know because I don't have a torque wrench but I didn't gorilla tighten them either. Is RTV the problem? I didn't put any on.

When I painted my cover the other day (6g72) I didn't use any and don't have any leaks but idk, I'm not an engine guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the bolts just need to be 1 more turn past finger tight, you can bend the metal going to tight. I never use RTV, oem doesn't use it and it's a pain to scrape off
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

yeah see when I changed my plugs 2 years ago (wow I've had the g that long???) I didn't know that and totally bent the shit out of them...thankfully they don't leak or anything but I do have to tighten them back down tighter than I should (like when I painted my front cover a while ago)

it happens no worries

if you end up taking them out a lot or plan to in the future I would recommend marking which is which on the cap with a silver paint pen or something just so it doesn't happen again :p

Problem FIXED!!! \0.0/ turns out the problem was the wires. 1 to 4 and 2 to 3.