The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo????

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    DSMBadBoy

Turbo????

I just got an 03 4cyl es and i want to go turbo but dont have the money to buy a 3000$ kit, so i was wondering what is the cheapest way to go turbo, and also will i have to do anything else with the ecu or anything when i boost it.

8ggalant

Re: Turbo????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DSMBadBoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just got an 03 4cyl es and i want to go turbo but dont have the money to buy a 3000$ kit, so i was wondering what is the cheapest way to go turbo, and also will i have to do anything else with the ecu or anything when i boost it.</div>

for future reference use the search ....but to help u out since ill be doin this in the spring...and its tha way i thought id be goin at first...yer gonna need (at least) a dsm exhaust manifold (1g or 2g eclipse will be fine...but a jdm 6g vr4 or lancer evo manifold will do), and o2 housing from any of the same vehicles, a downpipe (to make a prototype 4 yer own) a turbo from any of the same vehicles (t25, 13g, 14g, 16g or any other mitsu turbo) a stock bov from the same vehicles (preferebly vr4, 1g eclipse or jdm evo- 2g bov's suck from what im told), injectors...at least 450cc (from a 1g including the resistor pack, a 2g or a jdm vr4 motor which i've herd has 510cc...but at least 450) ...thats about it

these are the basics, i assure u this wont be enuff...u stillneed other essentials since yer /our car wasnt meant to be turbo...egt gauge, boost controller, boost gauge, tranny temp gauge (gotta watch that auto tranny), turbo timer, and other stuff....but u dont absolutly need this stuf...but its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

i may have forgotten sum stuff but im sure some1 will drop it in if they see that....and for any more ?'s pm or do a search

all that sounds good but you cant use the o2 housing from from those cars because our a/c is in the way i did a test fit of everything last week and the guy at the muffler shop that is doing my piping said you cant get a good enough sized downpipe in that space..

also your gonna need and intercooler if you want to run anything over
    3-5psi a front mount is ideal but you can use any of the side mount intercoolers from the cars that 8ggalant mentioned also if you can find one off of a 88-89 starion/conquest which has a very nice FMIC

your gonna need some kind of fuel management on top of the injectors an apexi SAFC seems to be the top choice along with a fuel pressure regulator i went with a rising rate fpr which adjust the pressure according to the amount of boost it senses

definattly a high volume fuel pump 190lph or 255lph walbro for a 2g eclipse will do fine

you gonna have to get all your intercooler piping custom made if you decide to run one

and all your exahust piping

i may have forgotten stuff to lol theres alot of parts sitting in my room lol
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

8ggalant
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G64T
    all that sounds good but you cant use the o2 housing from from those cars because our a/c is in the way i did a test fit of everything last week and the guy at the muffler shop that is doing my piping said you cant get a good enough sized downpipe in that space..
    im gonna hyav 2 look into that cuz i kno plenty of local 4g64 peeple who'v used them

it will work but it depends on what sized downpipe you use im going with a 3 inch so theres no way it will fit
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com