The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Time to reach 30%-40% on temp gauge? A couple minutes?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    clone2020

Time to reach 30%-40% on temp gauge? A couple minutes?

It takes my car more than 5 minutes to warm up (30-40% on temp gauge) on a normal 80*F day.

I think my thermostat may be damaged.

So, before I buy a new thermostat, I thought I'd check with you guys first.

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks...

Also, has anyone done this?

QUOTE: "Keep the radiator cap off and go start the engine. Let it warm up some. You can tell if its warmed up by putting your finger in the radiator opening and carefully feeling the water. The water will start getting warm once the thermostat starts to open up.

Now put your foot on the accelerator and punch it a few times while keeping an eye on the radiator opening. If water shoots out like the Old Faithful Geyser then that also means a blown head. "

-Mike.

the factory temperature gauge is pretty much useless. i guess the only thing it can tell you is if your car is overheating or not.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

clone2020
    Based on the temp gauge, I just think it takes abnormally long to warm up. But if you say the gauge is crap anyway, I'll just check the actaul thermostat.

I would still like to know how long it takes other 8Gs to reach just below the the middle mark on the temp gauge?

-Mike.

BlueESV6
    I don't let my car warm up and when I drive about 1.5 miles the gauge is already starting to move off the cold. Warms up pretty quick...

Jeff
    it takes mine a few decent bumps or some tapping to go up to 40%. It's the only messed up needle I have from when I did my gauges sorry if that doesn't help.