The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: POS! 01 Galant, o2 sensor AGAIN!

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Calipso

POS! 01 Galant, o2 sensor AGAIN!

I just had the oxygen sensor replaced 3 weeks ago on my galant (Warranty covered it) and when my car stalled out in maine 2 days ago, I had to get it towed etc. Brought it to the dealership and now they are saying the SES light is for the o2 censor again!

WTF?

I'm starting to think my CAI is being a bitch! Damn injen, I hope this ain't your fault!

did they relace all of them? We have like two or three on our cars...make sure they did that and go from there....

Calipso
    All I know is I'm about to torch my car. My galant has been my baby but this thing keeps messing up.

I'm really close to just driving it into a tree or two. :evil:

Calipso
    Well dealership had me pick the car up today. the one guy I spoke to on the phone was a retard. It wasn't an o2 censor it was the throttle body. Thing fucking snapped.

Maybe I shouldn't have done the throttle body mod. Eh who knows. All I gotta say is, I'm leaving the throttle body alone because my car handles better now then it ever did. Screw messing with that.

Galant_01
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm leaving the throttle body alone because my car handles better now then it ever did. Â*Screw messing with that.</div>
    Think about the statement you just made... (Your throttle body has nothing to do with your handling.) Maybe you meant "runs" better now then it ever did. Anyway I would not mess with the throttle cable now that the car is back to running good.

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant_01)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm leaving the throttle body alone because my car handles better now then it ever did. Â*Screw messing with that.</div>
    Think about the statement you just made... (Your throttle body has nothing to do with your handling.) Maybe you meant "runs" better now then it ever did. Anyway I would not mess with the throttle cable now that the car is back to running good.</div>

Yes it actually does have to do with the handling.

I have less jerking and pressure on my brakes/wheels. I used to let go of my brakes and go pretty quick. After a while I guess the strain on the cable was too much.