The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk release not working (2000 ES)

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Trunk release not working (2000 ES)

Out of the blue, my trunk release lever (at driver's seat) is not working. I am having to use the key to unlock/open it. Is there a common point of failure to look at on these Galants? The lever, the cable, or the latch mechanism? TIA!

Re: Trunk release not working (2000 ES)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Satan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Out of the blue, my trunk release lever (at driver's seat) is not working. Â*I am having to use the key to unlock/open it. Â*Is there a common point of failure to look at on these Galants? Â*The lever, the cable, or the latch mechanism? Â*TIA!</div> There's a switch on the lock mechanism that controls the remote release. Check it and make sure it isn't thrown in the lock position.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

i know with my trunk lid, the cable that runs from the trunk to the latch by the drivers seat is loose so i couldn't open it using the relase. if you are having the same problem you might have to tighten the cable.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Galant_01

Re: Trunk release not working (2000 ES)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Satan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Out of the blue, my trunk release lever (at driver's seat) is not working. Â*I am having to use the key to unlock/open it. Â*Is there a common point of failure to look at on these Galants? Â*The lever, the cable, or the latch mechanism? Â*TIA!</div> I also at some point flipped the trunk switch which turns off the switch by the front seat. Really strange! Had me stumped for about a week until I looked at the inside deck of the trunk and found that little switch.
    (By the way were in Dallas are you? I live over in Trophy Club down around 114W.)

Thanx guys. The kids, or GF probably messed with it when taking groceries out or something. I set the switch on "free" and all is good!!

I'm over in Lewisville, right near the Vista Ridge Mall. When R we having some sort of mini-meet out here?

Do you know of anyone locally who's done a timing belt on the 4cyl? I want to get mine done, but would wanna have an experienced resource w/info available. I'm at over 100K on the original one....

Faction
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know with my trunk lid, the cable that runs from the trunk to the latch by the drivers seat is loose so i couldn't open it using the relase. if you are having the same problem you might have to tighten the cable.</div>

how do you tighten the cable?