The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: vibration in first gear?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

vibration in first gear?

i dont knwo if it's just me but im noticing a mild vibration from a stop in first gear. now im thinking it could be a couple things: i dont have those rings that are supposed to go in your rims. 2) could be an engine mount (the one underneath the battery) cause my car was in an accident before and i was told a mount was bad. i changed the one (in front) but when i checked this one a bolt was REALLY loose so i tightened it. could it be the tranny? car only has 15,000 miles. any ideas anybody? manybrews? any help would be appreciated.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Potr
    my car does it too... took it to the shop the other day to get a diagnostic and they said my fluid was low and it was slipping and also i need to bring it back... something about mounting for the tranny was starting to go... but then again my car is stock and its has 80k miles... so with your mods it might be the same thing... they told me to bring it back when i could leave it with them for a day ant they would make sure.

Some of the club3g'rs are seeing the same thing on lowered rides. Could be a bad CV joint, axle binding due to the drop, or a bent axle most guys who have had the problem have fixed it with ether a CV joint or axle replacement. Mine has shook like that since I dropped it at 14k miles I've got 60k on it now I'll drive it until a cv goes out or I replace the axles at 100k who knows.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

TWISTED II
    my car used to do that real bad. do any of you guys have air ride? i know when i had the bags on, my buddy told me that was causing it. i haven't driven my car without bags yet, so i dunno if the problem is fixed or not.

clone2020
    I have the same problem. I think it's a problem with stock parts like motor mounts, joints, sensors, etc.

I haven't seen a post that solves this problem so far.

clone2020

TWISTED II
    yeah, could very well be the motor mounts...i'll hafta let everyone know if my car still shakes with the new solid motor mounts.

kat daddy

steering wheel vibration

yea, i have the same problem too. will someone let me know what the problem is? i'm glad i'm not the only one cause i was about to think i was just feeling shit............sparky

clone2020
    A lot of people are saying that it happens with dropped/lowered cars but I think it's a stock part issue.

Does anybody have vibration problems with aftermarket rotors?

I should just buy some new brembos and see if it fixes the problem. At least it would help all the other people with the same problem.

I'll update you guys after I get new rotors...

-Mike.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, could very well be the motor mounts...i'll hafta let everyone know if my car still shakes with the new solid motor mounts.</div>

were you able to notice a difference with the new motor mounts? just curious to know. thanks.