The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: swappin

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    horace_the_evil_appendix

swappin

has anyone ever swapped a vr4 engine and tranny into their galant? either from the vr4 galant or the 3000 i'm just curious if its been donepossible.

bam462
    best bet is todo search

8ggalant

Re: swappin

Quote Originally Posted by horace_the_evil_appendix
    has anyone ever swapped a vr4 engine and tranny into their galant? either from the vr4 galant or the 3000 i'm just curious if its been donepossible.
    a few have tried...actually 1 member said fuck it and jusst bought a jdm rhd vr4...search vr4...u should find it

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    that swap is a total bitch..not the easiest of swap you could find.. You would prolly lose all your hair before you figure out the ecu wirring, not including how to custom fit the motor to our frame..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    if your gonna do that swap just get the front clip from a Galant VR4 and do a firewall cut and put the VR4 front on your G. its the easiest, cheapest way to do it and even that is still a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    beleive me not worth it imo...by the time u finish spendin money (lets say 3 or 4k for the motor, about 1k for standalone-no sense in bulshittin around tryin to use the stock harness-, all the labor and custom fabrication...u probly spend 8 or 9k...is that how much money u plan on spendin...if so-this is juss and estimate- mo power 2 ya)believe me a member on herr has already mapped all this out...im not gonna call out his name cuz i dont wanna be responsible for errbody pmin him...but juss do a search on the topic (jdm vr4)...im pretty sure he wont mind helpin and givin u some words of widom

horace_the_evil_appendix
    cool thnx- ive found a company called nippon motors that sells the 3000 gt engine used for $2,750- has ne1 heard of these guys and whether or not their pretty legit? theyre in cerritos, ca i figured sum of u west coast guys may have heard of im

yah i know about them they are cool but just like everywhere else it takes time to get the motor we got my friends motor from them
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

anythin is possible wit money just think bout that one

oohhh yeah and if ur gonna get a 3000gt USED motor wit twin turbos n shit.. be careful cuz those cars are very known for bein takin to the limit.. so motor probably beatin up.. even on the NON turbo.... but good luck wit it if ur gonna do it! keep us updated
    Diego

mjc1055
    i also dont think you can swap a 3000gt engine into a galant, i think that the engine in theirs is rotated 180 degrees from ours, which makes for a lot of fitment issues.

horace_the_evil_appendix
    its just an idea ill probably go with the galant vr4 engine if i can get my greedy little hands on one but the 3.0 could be a possibility i mean people swap all kinds of wierd shit into their cars it just takes time, patience,and money, so all i need is patience and money