The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems w/ my strut bar (help freedom design sux)

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    celldweller

Problems w/ my strut bar (help freedom design sux)

Does any one w/ a freedom design strut bar out their

i bought one and when i went to put it on the dam thing woulden't fit the outer rings didn't fit over the top of the strut can some one help me

My99GTZ
    Mine just took a lil rubber mallot encouragement

I used a dremmel and made one hole bigger..
    Worked like a charm
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Calipso
    Sorry but this thread is dumb. Those little bolts next to the rings are adjustable, and it does fit. I've had mine on for 7 months with no mods to make it fit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry but this thread is dumb. Â*Those little bolts next to the rings are adjustable, and it does fit. Â* I've had mine on for 7 months with no mods to make it fit.</div>

No shit sherlock... :?

The holes on my STB were actually off..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

nrgizeman
    no dremel please!!! just disassemble into pieces then bolt on the red pieces to your car then adjust the other pieces such way that whole thing fits. need more help? talk to me online.

My99GTZ
    Yeah way to bash some ones post there dumb ass... some people actually had problems... like mine was that the entire opening that slide over the top strut mount wasn't wide enough... I think it was painted to thickly, but a lil rubber mallot encouragement got it down in there......

escoson
    when you put it on jack up one side of yr car a bit

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(My99GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah way to bash some ones post there dumb ass... some people actually had problems... like mine was that the entire opening that slide over the top strut mount wasn't wide enough... I think it was painted to thickly, but a lil rubber mallot encouragement got it down in there......</div>

Sorry bro, I didn't know this was brain science.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(escoson)</div><div class='quotemain'>when you put it on jack up one side of yr car a bit</div>

the freedom design strut bar is adjustable. no need to jack up the car. just adjust the strut bar to get it to fit on and then tighten the bar once its on and bolted on.

but yea, since the ends are powdercoated, you might have to take remove some of the coating on the inside of the hole or use brute force to get the strut bar in. as long as the holes are close to where the bolts are, you're fine.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

CT_GalantV6
    The only issue I had was that I had to swap the bar around so that the 'Freedom Design' was fasing the front of the car. I guess this was because it was acually orded for a '02 Eclipse, other than that, it fit fine.

Same here, since i didn't have a rubber mallot available, i had to put some cushioning on those red pieces, and hammer them down ) Just be careful not to crack them 8)