The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rubber trim/weatherstrip around the headlight assembly

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Rubber trim/weatherstrip around the headlight assembly

I seem to have lost one of these and did notice that it sometimes hangs and appears to be ready to fall of on other Galants.

Will it hurt anything if I don't replace it? AND, if I do have to replace it, then what are the chances of it falling out again? Are the replacements designed different?

00GTZ00
    I took mine out because of that same problem.

from what i understand, they are simply decorative. they just help to fill in the slight gap between the headlight and the car. mine was falling out, i jsut used some silicone to put it back on.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gilhuly
    Mine was falling off when the car was new. The dealer simply put it back in w/ some black goo and all has been OK

Dre
    One of mine was loose after I first got my car, but the dealer secured it in place. Now when I pulled out the headlight assembilies to clear my corners, one of them became totally loose. I simply took a little glue to put it back in place.

every galant ive seen up close is missing one or both of them lol i pulled mine off after i cleared the corners
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

CT_GalantV6
    Oh my, its been so long since mine peeled and then I removed them. I almost forgot that happened.

ADBGTZ
    if under 36k miles its covered by warranty

My car never seem to have that or maybe they fell off before i even got the car. If you can glue it on and keep it on than do so.

If not ripp that shit offf
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

BlankMan
    Quote Originally Posted by ADBGTZ
    if under 36k miles its covered by warranty
    Don't even bother taking it in, just glue it. Mine was flapping and I told the dealer to check it out while being serviced for another warranty item (o2 sensor) and all they did was glue it on - piss poorly, too, I might add.

J