The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: performance advise

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    SILVERES

performance advise

whats up people i have a 00 esv6 currently have an injen short ram custom catback with pilot muffler i was just wondering what other upgrades i cna do im not lookin for nos yet was thinking bout wires plugs turbo chip anything like that thnx for the help pics if u can thnx o yea what is the hp gain on what i have already if anyone knows if any it came 195 stock just wondering later and thnx again

Senior TGC Member
    If it came with about 195 stock I'd say probably no more than 200 hp. You could always add headers, throttle body upgrade, or my favorite, the TGC Warp Drive...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

yup, get headers or downpipe, then change ur plugs and wires in preparation for future mods. also i would swap out the short ram for a cold air or get an extension if possible... ur engine is still getting hot air (although it's gettin alot more of it) and you will see double the hp gain w/ ur engine getting it's air from a colder source as compared to the short ram which sits the filter inside the engine bay.

aftermarket brakes. uhm some are lighter than oem and most will help u stop better than oem

new wheels and tires. you can lose some weight with some racing wheels and nicer rubber will help u plant that power

a drop possibly, some suspension work

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Black2k1GTZ
    I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

Marc :mg:

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

Marc :mg:</div>

seems a bit optimistic, but i'm not sure about the gains from P&P on a Mitsu head...

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

seems a bit optimistic, but i'm not sure about the gains from P&P on a Mitsu head...

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...</div>

a 6 pack throttle body could give u an estimated 50% more hp....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...</div>

a 6 pack throttle body could give u an estimated 50% more hp....</div>

and a big dent in your bank account

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

ok im lost explain a 6 pack throttle body thanks
    STEPHEN
    2000 GMC K2500 4x4
    2004 Chevrolet Tahoe 4x4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok im lost explain a 6 pack throttle body thanks</div>

a 6 pack is just pretty much 6 throttle bodies. a throttle body for each cylinder. and then u have some kind of fuel management system since in most cases the MAS is eliminated.

Nick VR4
    check botton of page

http://www.rpw.com.au/New%20Website/Genera...neral/GU211.htm

and as TJC said a big dent in your back account
    $2000+ Plus $1500 for Computer System :shock: :shock