The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rear lower tie bar

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    john mars

rear lower tie bar

this was covered a while back, but which gen 1or 2 eclipse rear lower tie bar fits the 8G. Also if anyone has it, did u buy OBX, Tenzo or other brand and where and ofcourse part#. Holla back...

The 2G Eclipse rear lower tie bars are the ones that fit. After what I've heard from Road Race Engineering and other sources, those tie rods are pretty much useless on our cars because there is already plenty of metal in between the two mounting points for the tie rod. They are strictly for decoration.

decoration is cute....

DID I JUST SAY THAT?!?!?!? :oops:
    Diego

I have to disagree...I noticed some difference. Alot infact when I installed mine. Cornering became alot more stiffer. I posted an aftermarket parts review on it if i remember correctly.

but to answer your question yeah it's a 2nd Gen
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

john mars

lower tie bar

Thanks for the info and input guys. Well for 40-60 bucks, i wouldn't mind purchasing it....

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I believe it has to help somewhat.. I mean anything to stiffen up the rear end has to help, and i know it works from talk to LAz a lot.. so i say get it and see for yourself..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

I can't see the bar helping. Look at the pic below of my G with the red representing a tie bar. It's bolting up to a cross member that is already one solid piece and is pretty damn strong. Probably stronger than the tie bar itself.

don't ask me I noticed better handling but I know someone else hs one I thin CHip has one but he's on Vacation right now. Does anyone else have one they can testify for?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Well, they are cheap enough. If someone else says they felt a difference, perhaps I'll try one out.

john mars

rear lower tie bar

Dan, it may not make much of a difference in yuor G since you already have the suspension system(DSC?) I just need something for the rear to sort of balance it since i don't want to replace the rear sway bar and i have the st bar up front.