The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: steel braided brake lines

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    2002gtz

steel braided brake lines

Does anybody know of a respectable place to purchase steel braided brake lines? :?: :blue:

2002gtz

ss brakelines

Alright, I've done the search thing and I've come to the conclusion that Goodridge offers stainless steel brakelines. My question is, do they offer them for the 2002 Galant? I've been to their site and tirerack.com and I've seen the ones for earlier g-jets, but I have not seen any for the 2002. Somebody help me out here. Are the 2000's the same as the 02's?

2002gtz

stainless steel brake lines

Does anybody know if these will fit a 02 GTZ?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2441241691

Thanks

contact roadraceengineering.com, they have them

-Mohammad

2002gtz

ss brakelines

Thanks mochanges. I've also been in contact with raceconcepts.net and they've quoted me a price of $85.00 plus shipping for the stainless steel brakelines for a 02 GTZ.

That's a pretty good price. I had the goodridge ones, but they didn't fit. I know other used them with no problems, maybe I had an early production set? Who knows. Good luck.

leadfoot
    how much do they help out with braking??

2002gtz

ss brakelines

I've heard and read that stainless steel brake lines are supposed to help with braking because they replace the rubber hoses that allow expansion in the hoses when the brake pedal is applied therefore reducing braking efficiency.

I think they may have firmed things up a bit under heavy braking, especially at the track, but honestly it was not like a night and day difference for me. The problem for me may be related to the fact that the guys who installed them did a crappy job of bleeding my brakes and it took a week until I got them bled properly.

-Mohammad

Ken_
    NOPI has them for the 8G as well. I have been offered them for my car.

Senior TGC Member
    Guys be careful about buying the stainless steel brake lines for the Cali spec V6s with the single piston calipers. Nobody makes them. The only ones available for the 8g fit the Fed spec 2 piston caliper system. The only real benefit of a stainless steel brake line for a street application is you don't get water in the lines from it seeping through and a more responsive brake feel.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison