The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: rotor n brake question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

rotor n brake question

i got my brembos a couple days ago and finally installed it this morning , i was wondering,
    1) after a while do we resurface the rotors at the shop the next time i change my brakes, cuz it seems like it would remove the slots and dimples i have on the rotors???
    2) would anything happen to the brakes if i forgot to put one of that thin metal backing on the pads...the ones you have to peel off and stickes to the pads... i accidentally forgot one this morning sinc i was in a rush for work... :x ???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

i have no clue - but btw how much did it cost for the brakes and how long didi the install take?

brakes was free... but orginally i bought it for 50 bucks at autozone suppose to be performance brakes/ also dust free with life time warrenty... install took me a lil more then n hour because i had to jack up the car n take out the rotors, if its just brakes, it should be less time

Re: rotor n brake question

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    i got my brembos a couple days ago and finally installed it this morning , i was wondering,
    1) after a while do we resurface the rotors at the shop the next time i change my brakes, cuz it seems like it would remove the slots and dimples i have on the rotors???
    2) would anything happen to the brakes if i forgot to put one of that thin metal backing on the pads...the ones you have to peel off and stickes to the pads... i accidentally forgot one this morning sinc i was in a rush for work... :x ???
    umm...let's see here.
    1. If you have to worry about your brake rotors needing resurfacing after the mileage for a simple brake pad change, I wouldn't reccomend buying anything from that company ever again. Your rotors should be fine. Just make sure you're using metallic or semi-metallic pads.
    2. The shims (the little pieces of metal) are fairly important...nothing that will affect your braking too horribly. First off, it's possible to snap the pad in half...I've seen it happen before on my buddy's civic. He forgot the shim and CRACK when he jumped on the brakes. They'll probably just squeak until you put it on...it's like a 5 minute job, anyway.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, you'll be fine without the metal backings. as far as resurfacing, i've had my rotors from raceconcepts.net for about 6 months now and they havn't warped by a degree, and i drive the car to the limit on weekend excursions to the mountains. i actually put them onto a resurfacing machine a few days ago, and they're still perfect. just make sure you got some quality pads. hope you like 'em
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

koo thanks