The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: whats th most you can bore out the 4g64

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

whats th most you can bore out the 4g64

ive seen stroker kits for dare i say it hondas that will put a 1.8L to a 2.2L
    so is it possible to make the 2.4L a 2.8L... also i saw a stroker kit for the 6g72 but i pretty sure it was the 3000gt version
    "run your car, not your mouth"

http://www.norcal-performance.com

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    The farthest i went was 2.8L, since i had put the HIgh com pistons in and it needed to be 20% over to we just took it a lil farther.. I would hope to go out to 3.0L, but not sure of the integrity of the block going out that far..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

how did it look when you went to 2.8 im guessing its holdin up ok cuz if its possible to go to 3.0 that would be great?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>how did it look when you went to 2.8 im guessing its holdin up ok cuz if its possible to go to 3.0 that would be great?</div>

Didnt really look all that different i mean you really can tell the size from the cylinder but its holding up pretty damn well..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

ok cool i really wanna try to get it to a 3 liter but if it doesnt look safe 2.8 here i come

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok cool i really wanna try to get it to a 3 liter but if it doesnt look safe 2.8 here i come</div>

thats your best bet, but my motor will go back into the machine shop in 2 months, to have the compression re-checked and for stress cracks, then i can prolly see if I can go any farther with it

oh really you gotta let me know if its possible good luck with your build up

GalantGuy96
    thus seems liek somethign that should have been talked about over aim, its only u 2 talking jk

maybe it will help some of the other members when they decide to mod there cars for performane :shock:

Exactly, no many people on the board know that you can do that. They would rather to a head swap. You can do the headswap pay more to that, while i just bore out the block, and still produce more power than you did..

exactly and having a 2.8 or 3.0 4cylinder sounds pretty damn good

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    OHHHHHH that hurt Shane. Don't hate on the head swap, UPS man just dropped off my EVO VIII head about 3 hours ago and let me tell you, its pretty !!! LOL I was checking everything out and it looks like everything will fit fine, BUT. Im not sure if im gonna drop it onto the 64' block or get an EVO block...yet. If I can put the EVO crank and rods in my motor, and get some custom low comp pistons, i might do that. This way I will be de-stroking the motor down to 2.2, thus still having more displacement than an EVO and able to rev. higher than the normal 64' rod angles would allow. Again, Im still not sure yet. However, I am sure that im gonna drop a big ole' T3/04E turbo in there, my goal is to reach 500WHP without nitrous and it is VERY VERY possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>OHHHHHH that hurt Shane. Don't hate on the head swap, UPS man just dropped off my EVO VIII head about 3 hours ago and let me tell you, its pretty !!! LOL I was checking everything out and it looks like everything will fit fine, BUT. Im not sure if im gonna drop it onto the 64' block or get an EVO block...yet. If I can put the EVO crank and rods in my motor, and get some custom low comp pistons, i might do that. This way I will be de-stroking the motor down to 2.2, thus still having more displacement than an EVO and able to rev. higher than the normal 64' rod angles would allow. Again, Im still not sure yet. However, I am sure that im gonna drop a big ole' T3/04E turbo in there, my goal is to reach 500WHP without nitrous and it is VERY VERY possible.</div>

you just go around rubbin that shyt in don't you....j/p.

How much did it run you to stroke it to 2.8??

When i did it, i spent about 2500.. THat included the bore, new valves, compression tests, and re-timing of the cam gear.. So it wasnt a bad deal.. I did a couple other things but thats a secret.. :twisted:

Faction
    i remember in super street they had a EVO 8 engine, they stroked it with a 4G64 crank and pistons