The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve

Anyone have problems with this in the past or presently....my car sputters and the whole fucking car shakes. Diagnostics said that the EGR has insufficient flow....Anyone ever get an estimate for this??

I hope it's not a arm and a leg

a new egr valve at the dealer should run you about 90 dollars for the part itself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Dre
    That sounds about right. I was at AutoZone last night and they priced an EGR valve at $95.

doubt its the EGR though.
    probably a restriction in the vacuum signal to it.
    Does the car run rough at idle, but seem to be fine otherwise? if so, the EGR may be stuck "on", but I highly doubt its the valve itself. Havent EVER had to replace an EGR valve.
    however, the activation circuit has caused issues in the past.... clogging, sticking solenoids, etc.etc.

have her checked out.

TWISTED II
    i don't even have an EGR and my car runs great, lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't even have an EGR and my car runs great, lol.</div>
    youre losing milage and causing higher combustion temps, though...

Where's the EGR located on the 8G?
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED!)</div><div class='quotemain'>i don't even have an EGR and my car runs great, lol.</div>
    youre losing milage and causing higher combustion temps, though...</div>

how do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED!
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED!
    i don't even have an EGR and my car runs great, lol.
    youre losing milage and causing higher combustion temps, though...
    how do you figure?
    because thats what an EGR does.
    lowers combustion temp, and displaces atmosphere with inert gas.

EGR has ONLY benefits. disabling it will cause a massive increase in combustion temps (thereby causing massive pinging), a loss of milage, and obviously an increase in NoX emissions.

Houstonsfinest

hmmm

maybe this what's wrong with mine, the other day, my car just stopped on me while i was driving, it just died while i was going about 30mph.
    I pulled over to the side of the road and i cranked it back up, it ran, i gave the gas two light taps and was about to put it in park and it died again. Well, it is now at the dealer, cuz i could not get it to run again, it cranked, but it wouldn't run it that makes sense. What would this be?