The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IT QUIT WORKING!!

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Houstonsfinest

IT QUIT WORKING!!

I had just washed the g-wagon and was going for a saturday afternoon cruise. Then it happened!! About a mile away from home, the G-wagon stalled on me while i was doing about 30 mph. I turned the music down and was like WTF?/?/?/? (It's a automatic) so i coasted over to the side of the road and put it back in park. It cranked right back up and i gave it a couple of light taps on the pedal and was about to shift it in park and......it died again. I gazed at the gas tank and saw about 1/4 left, so that's too much gas for it too run empty. No gas light, or anything... I had it towed home. ( man, does it hurt to see ya shit all hoisted up in the air like a pinata) I tried everything i could to get it to crank, it would crank, but just wouldn't start if that makes sense. So i knew it wasn't the battery or the altenator. This was Saturday and i finally put it in the shop today (tuesday) Of course, i went to the dealer (even though i have 70k + miles on it) because i'm in hawaii and there aint much to choose from. The fuel filter and pump are in the gas tank, so i'm at the mercy of a mechanic.......What do you think this might be?? $50 for towing and a $90 diagnostic at the dealer and i'm waiting on results.......??????

Houstonsfinest

Not too bad

Found out what it was..The fuel pump relay switch has went bad and i have to have a new one ($28). Only sucky part is that my car has to sit at the one and only Mitsubishi Dealership in Hawaii until the part comes in. (in about 3-5 working days.) So after a $50 towing bill, a $90 diagnostic, a $28 dollar fuel pump relay and labor...$156 and i'm on the road...price for having a Galant this clean...........$$$$ priceless