The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 LS vs 99 GTZ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    I was reading somewhere that the 9G Galants will be 2006. Can anyone confirm that?

Where did you read that? Because ever magazine says that the 2004 Galant welcomes in the new re-design and introduction of the 9thGen.

www.edumunds.com has all the info on the upcoming 9thGen along with spy shots.
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Senior TGC Member
    Personally I don't think they're going to wait till 2006...they'll probably release the 9th gen around the time of the Evo. That's what my strategy would be anyway.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Yeah 2006 is a hell of a long time to wait to release your new model when everyone is coming out with theres already!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

CNascimento
    okay everyone here is the difference (considering that I have both in the family)

Galant LS

Chrome grill
    Chrome name plate rear

Galant GTZ

Color match grill
    Color match name plate
    Spoiler
    White gadges

To let every one know they both have traction control... And also they both have the same suspension... They are the same car except for a couple of visual differences noted above... Also note that the 2K2 have a few other differences but no performance differences.

You might all be thinking how does he know all this... Lets put it this way my family only drives Mistu. I have had 3 galants 94 LS, 98 ES and a 2001 LS. My sister has had Eclipse GT 98 and a Galant GTZ 2001. My father has had a Galant LS 94, Diamante LS 99 and Diamante 2003 VRX.
    My mother has Montero 99 and a 2003 GTS Eclipse....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay everyone here is the difference (considering that I have both in the family) Â*

Galant LS

Chrome grill
    Chrome name plate rear

Galant GTZ

Color match grill Â*
    Color match name plate
    Spoiler
    White gadges

To let every one know they both have traction control... And also they both have the same suspension... Â*They are the same car except for a couple of visual differences noted above... Also note that the 2K2 have a few other differences but no performance differences. Â*

You might all be thinking how does he know all this... Lets put it this way my family only drives Mistu. I have had 3 galants 94 LS, 98 ES and a 2001 LS. My sister has had Eclipse GT 98 and a Galant GTZ 2001. Â*My father has had a Galant LS 94, Diamante LS 99 and Diamante 2003 VRX.
    My mother has Montero 99 and a 2003 GTS Eclipse....</div>
    Uhhh No. Traction control and heated mirrors is an option for the '99 LS at a cost of $318. Leather and power drivers seat is also an option on the LS for a cost of $1118. Both of these option packages are standard on the GTZ. Traction Control became standard on the LS in 2000. GTZ has sport tuned suspension, including front and rear stabilizers that the LS does not have. Also the struts are different on the GTZ and LS. Check out Edmunds or the Mitsubishi USA site for details.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

CNascimento
    "Traction control and heated mirrors is an option for the '99 LS at a cost of $318. Leather and power drivers seat is also an option on the LS for a cost of $1118."

Note that the above might be optional on the new versions but the above were not optional for the 2001 also note that the LS from 99-01 list price was more then the GTZ so LEather, power seat=, etc... Did come standard

"GTZ has sport tuned suspension, including front and rear stabilizers that the LS does not have"

Don't' try to fool yourself about the "Sport tuned Suspension" it is the same suspension in both with maybe a couple of bolts tightened a little more...

Oh, yeah if you read the above post my family is into Mitsu because my Uncle owns a dealership....

Also I'm not trying to be a jerk I just saw the post and answered my best ... I do know that the 2002 -up do differ from what I have stated above....

All I know is that we will get to the bottom of this some how, right? A little friendly debate on the TGC... Everyone input is always Welcome because we always have questions need depend on each other for help about different issues mods, performance, etc...

CNascimento
    Fishboy55 I just want to say that I re-read what I wrote and it still comes off like I'm being a jerk... Lets leave the issue and note that my info was from my Uncle (he could be incorrect) I do a public apology because you have help a lot of us. And I respect your info on a lot of performance mods... Sorry Dude for sounding like a jerk earlier... Iguess it was one of those days...

ONE

The GTZ had Tan leather availible as well.

The leather and powerseat on LS is should be standard, cause i have an LS myself ( its a'99 ) and it came standard with a tan leather and power driver seat, and other..... ( too much to list ).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNascimento)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fishboy55 I just want to say that I re-read what I wrote and it still comes off like I'm being a jerk... Lets leave the issue and note that my info was from my Uncle (he could be incorrect) I do a public apology because you have help a lot of us. Â*And I respect your info on a lot of performance mods... Sorry Dude for sounding like a jerk earlier... Iguess it was one of those days...

ONE</div>
    One: No worries, you didn't come off sounding like a jerk. I think the original question was about the 99 models, and things may have been different then. Either way, we both have our cars and are happy with them. I would have owned an LS if they had had one in stock in the color I wanted. They didn't, so I took the GTZ. Thanks for the apology, but it's really not necessary.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12