The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: break and gas pedal also steering wheel vibration

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Nances03

break and gas pedal also steering wheel vibration

I have an 03 ES it has less than 4000 miles. I have started having problems with my breaks and gas pedal. And my steering wheel vibrates.

Breaks: When I first got the car it would break effortlessly and istantly but lately it seems like I have to apply a lot more pressure for the car to stop. I have to break a lot sooner than usual to make sure I dont hit anybody.

Gas pedal: As with my breaks my car feel really sluggish and does not speed up smoothly. I can feel it in the gas pedal when I apply pressure. it takes a lot more pressure on the pedal and I have to give it a lot more gas than usual.

Steering Wheel: When im going about about 60-70 and begin to break my steering whel vibrates. Is this normal?

This is my first car and to be honest I am cluless as to what they are supposed to do and not do. Is this normal and has anybody else had the same problems?

Faction

BlueESV6
    I'd drive it back to the dealer and take a mechanic out for a spin. Let him/her know what's going on. It sound like it's covered under warranty since you have so few miles on the car. Sounds like your front rotors may be warped.

If they start saying that the brakes are not covered b/c it's a normal wear item then ask about technical bulletins on the car or manufacturer recalls for the brakes. Good Luck!