The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which spark plug ngk or bosch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.</div>
    haha....yes i know that...I wasn't saying that you should fix your car or tune your air/fuel ratio off it. I was saying that it can provide a temporary fix to a situation that most people would have been ignorant of until they got it dyno'd and saw they were running like a 17:1 A/F ratio at WOT, where most cars run 12-13:1.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.</div>
    haha....yes i know that...I wasn't saying that you should fix your car or tune your air/fuel ratio off it. I was saying that it can provide a temporary fix to a situation that most people would have been ignorant of until they got it dyno'd and saw they were running like a 17:1 A/F ratio at WOT, where most cars run 12-13:1.</div>
    Chill Scootin...I was agreeing with you and referencing Midnight saying he could guess better than any gauge....
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.</div>
    haha....yes i know that...I wasn't saying that you should fix your car or tune your air/fuel ratio off it. I was saying that it can provide a temporary fix to a situation that most people would have been ignorant of until they got it dyno'd and saw they were running like a 17:1 A/F ratio at WOT, where most cars run 12-13:1.</div>
    Chill Scootin...I was agreeing with you and referencing Midnight saying he could guess better than any gauge....</div>
    dude....i'm chill, lol...i guess i forgot to throw a few smilies in there for ya. I got no problem with you man!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.</div>
    Chill Scootin...I was agreeing with you and referencing Midnight saying he could guess better than any gauge....</div>

I didn't say that i can guess better then any gauge i said i can probly guess better then a a/f gauge, To me I would rather have the exact numbers then just a estimate. I'll admit that i wanted a a/f gauge but then i learned more and would rather go with the other measurment tool. I might seem like i dont know what im talkin about but i just learned this stuff like 2 weeks ago at school and im not to good at getting what i mean out. Im not a very good communicator!
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidNightRacing)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't even know why I'm getting into this, but keep in mind that an A/F gauge only works accurately in closed loop mode. And as far as detecting if your car is running rich or lean without some type of equipment, that's about as accurate as a butt dyno. If you want to bet the internals of your engine on your ability to guess what it's doing at WOT, that's up to you.</div>

I didn't say that i can guess better then any gauge i said i can probly guess better then a a/f gauge, To me I would rather have the exact numbers then just a estimate. I'll admit that i wanted a a/f gauge but then i learned more and would rather go with the other measurment tool. I might seem like i dont know what im talkin about but i just learned this stuff like 2 weeks ago at school and im not to good at getting what i mean out. Im not a very good communicator!</div>

That's cool and I might have misinterpreted what you said. The point is that an a/f gauge will give you a quick visual indication of what's going on when your O2 circuits are in closed loop mode (WOT). When you're cruising down the track and you see that meter go below stoich, you know to back off quick. You can also get a/f gauges that have digital readouts of the exact voltage on the O2 sensor in tenths, rather than the colored LED's. Not sure that you're gonna get that instant feedback from that $700 meter, unless you're talking about an EGT gauge, which is the next best way to check short of a datalogger or a wideband O2 dyno.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Gilhuly
    I don't know why everybody gets down on the bosch plugs. I put +2s in my car 35-40k ago and their fine.

cooldog45
    I honestly think that Bosch plugs are great for german cars and NGKs are for Japaniese cars. One of my friends blew his motor casue he had Bosch plugs on his jap car.

BXNYMitsu01
    Yeah I used Bosch when I had my Audi, that's all I ever used them on.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldog45
    I honestly think that Bosch plugs are great for german cars and NGKs are for Japaniese cars. One of my friends blew his motor casue he had Bosch plugs on his Japanese car.
    can you prove any correlation between the bosch plugs and your buddy's motor blowing? I really don't see how plugs alone would cause that.

Bosch is crap. Never, ever buy it. I wasted my money on a set and they were gone within 2k miles. they weren't even gapped properly, although they say they come pre-gapped. Messed up my idle and my gas mileage, along with my power.

yeah i would NEVER install plugs without gapping them myself. I put in the NGK v-power at 30k. Which was the exact OEM replacement in manaul. I noticed in the maint. manual it says to use standard at 30k.. then at 60k use standard or plat plugs

I have had Bosch Platinum +4's Pre Gapped in my Galant for the past 30k miles, and they work great. I put them in at 15k miles and the car seemed idle and run even better than before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12