The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Pressure Regulator for 7G...why or why not?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Fuel Pressure Regulator for 7G...why or why not?

What EXACTLY does a FPR do, and what can i expect for results, good and bad? Why should I get one? Why should I not get one? Am I being a total dumbass? Oh, and are they all universal, I've been looking at prices for them and they dont look expensive at all. Also, how hard it is to install on my own? Thanks a bunch.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i got one on ebay from hyper industries, for like 80 bucks works... it justsuppose to let more fuel go to the fuel rails i think... i really dont think you need it until you get a lil bit more stuff such as headers cam or more serious engine work...its suppose to compensate by adding more fuel because the mods are sucking up more fuel...something like that... go on ebay... youll find some there i got one from an accord i think or prelude...cant remember
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Fuel Pressure Regulator...and it does just that, regulates the fuel pressure. The more pressure you use, the more you make your fuel pump and injectors work. Really their is no point unless you are boosting. My car with the mods I have, I run rich at WOT.

Ideally you would want to upgrade your fuel pump, add FPR, and install larger injectors, and install a SAFC to control this mass of fuel you have just added. But all this fuel would be useless on our pretty much stock cars.............................................. ...................................
    7g for life!

yes, it regulates fuel pressure. so do you need it? probably not. if you are running lean, it can help richen things up, if you are running rich, you can lean things out, but here's the catch: it changes your whole fuel trim, any and all rpms.. you would probably be better off getting a s-afc which will allow you to change fuel trims at rpm points you set.

a afpr is usually used (atleast in the dsm world) to lower the fuel pressure after installing a considerably larger fuel pump. this makes tuning with the afc worlds easier, and gives you a nice idle as well as possibly saving you gas.

so unless you added a monster fuel pump (walbro 255 or supra tt pump) you will most likely not need one.

an afpr is not really a performance mod, it allows you to perform other mods that raise hp, like a fuel pump, or the whole fuel system for that matter, pumping fuel into the engine isn't going to raise your hp one bit, but when you are able to throw more air into the cylinders, you need more fuel to burn with it. yeah, you do need more fuel for more hp, but air is harder to add than fuel, so worry about getting more air for performance, and feeding it more fuel to burn with it.

your car already has a fuel pressure regulator, and your car is already designed to use the specific pressures it has.

there is NO NEED to mess with it, as all you will do is screw up the fuel mapping and probably trigger a check engine light, as well as screw up emissions, drivability, and milage.