The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 spd trans swap in an 8g v6

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    booger318

5 spd trans swap in an 8g v6

i just bought all the parts i need for the trans swap from a wrecked eclipse v6 but i have some questions about the ecu how exactly do u repin it? does anyone kno of any pictured diagrams or from anyones hands on expierience. please let me kno all the help the better. also if i looked at my friends 5 spd eclipse would that help me in doing my trans swap by lookin at an already done trans.... any feedback would be great.

Re: 5 spd trans swap in an 8g v6

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(booger318)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just bought all the parts i need for the trans swap from a wrecked eclipse v6 but i have some questions about the ecu how exactly do u repin it? does anyone kno of any pictured diagrams or from anyones hands on expierience. please let me kno all the help the better. also if i looked at my friends 5 spd eclipse would that help me in doing my trans swap by lookin at an already done trans.... any feedback would be great.</div>

Try to get in contact with Headache over at www.galantforums.com he is the only person I know that has done the swap.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    diagrams, yep i got some. Let me know which ones you need. Also if I dont have the one you need, check out www.neweclipse.org they got all kinds of eclipse info over there. If you wanna save yourself the trouble of re-pining the ECU, get the engine wiring harness from the eclipse, and just plug it into the sensors on your motor, its MUCH MUCH easier. Wiring harness shouldnt cost you more than $150, so its $150 or like an extra 4 hours of wiring, that could still possibly not be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

booger318
    yo stewi thanks man your a life saver can u get me the diagram of how it looks for a 8g v6 with a v6 eclipse trans in it... that would be great thanks man..