The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Slow Windows

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Slow Windows

Ok I've notice ever since I've bought my i4 that when I roll my windows down it takes forever to roll them up (compared to other cars). Is it just my ride that has lazy windows?

bam462
    when you say ROLE your windows down what r you saying ,that you have manual windows? well if thats the case then go to the gym and lift weight to biuld your arm strenth up. but if you have power windows then i a ? for you. do you knowtice that when you try to put up more then 1 window at a time its slower then if you only did 1 at a time, its like that in my g and my montaro sport

clone2020
    Yeah, my windows take a long time to roll up too.

-Mike.

same here and one makes a noise too

VIO
    yeah, i've got this issue. i believe the problem isn't really the windows but the alternator. the stock alternator doesn't put out crap for amps at idle. if you actually rev your engine up when you roll up at the windows at once you'll notice that they go up quicker. not that this is a recommended thing to do. plus we just have slow windows anyway. one of my mates has a 93 or 94 thunderbird and the windows roll up quicker then turkey crap through a tin horn. that's damn fast by the way. cheers.

It's especially true in cold weather when the motor and the regulator get chilled. Try shooting some silicone spray down between the rubber molding and the glass to lube everything up. You'll have to clean your windows, but this made mine speed up significantly.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

CT_GalantV6
    I wish they were faster but hey, considering all I have to do is press that button, I can live with it. I figure that because our REAR windows go ALL THE WAY DOWN, its a good trade off.