The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Overheating!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    xpldy

Overheating!

I've never had a problem with overheating...until today :cry: on my way home from school the engine temp. gauge started going up...and up and up. By the time i got to my friends house it was as high as it could get. It cooled down to normal (or even below) in like 5 minutes. On my way home, it was fine when i was stopped but it got warmer when i moved. i just had the distributor cap replaced if that means anything. Any ideas what this could be and what to do for it?

let ur car run idle and see if ur fan kick on

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qnzfinestplaya)</div><div class='quotemain'>let ur car run idle and see if ur fan kick on</div>

and then check your thermostat, water pump, and check the fan fuse too.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

sethmo
    Most likely your thermostat

well i got the whole thermostat housing with the stat in it for sale and if not and its the water pump "you know....where to go......." :twisted:

xpldy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i got the whole thermostat housing with the stat in it for sale and if not and its the water pump "you know....where to go......." :twisted:</div>
    thanks man...well my car actually overheated and stopped, but luckily i was near a friends house and his dad helped me.
    my overcharging place (that wanted to charge 900 for a/c compressor) wanted120 for water pump and 40 for thermostat and a little over 100 for belts (which i had replaced like 3 weeks ago) but 300 FOR LABOR!...i hate the mechanics in summerlin
    im waiting for another estimate as i write this so hopefully his will be more reasonable

Well good luck and i hope all works well.

xpldy
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well good luck and i hope all works well.</div>
    thanks man and the the other place quoted me at 417 total...damned car expenses :cry: