The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Questions about Throttle Body Sizes

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    majikTib

Questions about Throttle Body Sizes

What is the factory size inside the Throttle Body? How much can be bored out, what's the limit? Is there a specific brand, store, or size that many prefer over others? Just curious how popular this is among Galants, and if it's worth the trouble... of course it would come after i/h/e and possibly cams.

i/h/e? intake/headers/exhaust? I dont think too many people have bored them out they should considering they used on the 8g galant and 3g eclipse.

mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

ok for the i4, its 54mm and on the v6 60 mm. pro flow design can bore out our throttle bodies by 2 more milimeters to match the size of the intake manifold. they also offer an exchange deal where they send you the bored out throttle body and you send them your old one when you are done installing the throttle body. so that the only downtime you have is when you install the throttle body.

for more info check out their website or call
    http://www.proflowdesign.com/
    425-255-9706

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Would that 2 mm actually make a big enough difference to be worth the money? I mean that doesnt seem like that would even make a difference.

i've seen dyno sheet from the eclipse and it was like a 2hp gain. that might not seem like much but when you go turbo or something like that, that 2hp will grow a bit more.

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've seen dyno sheet from the eclipse and it was like a 2hp gain. that might not seem like much but when you go turbo or something like that, that 2hp will grow a bit more.</div>

Where'd you see the sheet - do you remember?

J

i remember seeing them up on club 3g. try searching there. i search for a quick second and all i found was the red x's...but if u search deeper u might find some

I was lookin at a 3000gt throttle body off a vr4 with i think is a 60mm or 65mm.
    2002 Silver Galant

"If a man yells in the Woods, But there is no women around to hear him, Is he still wrong?"

A question that has plauged man for ages.