The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7th gen Ques?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Black Magic

7th gen Ques?

alright i have a friend thinking about buying a 7g that he found in the paper we are about to go take a look at the car tonight. it is automatic and has 100k, the guy is asking 2500. my question or questions to you 7g owners is, is this a good price? how many miles are on your 7g? have you had any problems with the automatic tranny? what are some questions that i should ask the seller? is it worth it and is there anything that i need to know or look at?

thanks in advance

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you WILL encounter tranny problems soon. other than that, all 7Gs are pretty good for a lot of miles. just the tranny. ask if he's had it overhauled or replaced lately. just ask if there was any heavy duty tranny work at all, and get as much service history as you can get, like when he took it for timing belt, tranny flushes, etc etc. if he hasn't done the timing belt, do it asap or you'll be rebuilding your engine with a 2 thousand dollar bill or more. take it for a test drive and make sure it shifts really smooth and that it feels good.

does your friend just want a 7G and keep it stock? or does he want to start modding it?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Black Magic
    hes actually my friends little brother and he just needs the car to go to work i dont think he will be modding it but you never know. i love the way the 7th gens look.

sethmo
    Auto Tranny is the only downfall of the 7g. When you pull the shifter from park to drive, make sure it does so smoothly, if it doesnt, a tranny flush will fix that($60). If it does not, most likely it will shift somewhat hard every once in awhile. What year/model is it?

Black Magic
    not sure on the model but its a 95