The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G - tv's in the headrests

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    Sammy_ES

8G - tv's in the headrests

I know some of you got em. I'm thinking about doing it next time I have a few bucks, I found this tutorial:

http://www.audioinmotion.com/generic50.html

Can someone tell me if this is pretty much how its gonna go on my 2003 Galant?

Anyone have pictures of how they installed? How deep is that metal support inside the headrest?

The 99 Galant
    well what do you have to start with. First you need to get another pair of head rests in case you either screw up or you decide to sell the car and they don't want to buy it. so you're looking at 2 screens ( 1300 for two), wires (100), headrests, if you want them, probably (300), then how would you put the sound back there. Earphones or what. I'd say you're looking at close to 4000 if you get a store to buy and install. My friend did most of the work himself but had someone rewrap his headrest in leather for a couple hundred.

Sammy_ES
    Can't you run the sound through your normal stereo speakers?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>so you're looking at 2 screens ( 1300 for two), wires (100), headrests, if you want them, probably (300), then how would you put the sound back there Â*I'd say you're looking at close to 4000 if you get a store to buy and install</div>

Where the hell are you shoppin at? :shock: Those prices are str8 craziness!!
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Sammy_ES
    Thats what I was thinking, straight up.

I might be a little on the ghetto side ( ), but I can get 2 headrest tv's and a dvd player for my car on ebay for about $500. I don't need top of the line stuff, I just thought it would be cool for my kids.

The 99 Galant
    ebay make sure you get a brand name screen....also i was talking about 2003 models. You can get older ones for cheaper. 7" screens go for bout 650 so maybe around $1000 for two. There are a lot of ghetto brands out there and i hate them. But ok 800-1000 if you get a brand name on ebay and then the wires you have to get Audio/Video wires and those can be expensive especially since you have to get two sets. Depending on the length i know tweeters sells them from 50-120$ for one set. You can run it off your normal speakers but you'd want to get a HU with a dual zone capability unless you want to be listening to SpongeBob Square pants songs all day. DVD players you can either get it in the HU or go and get a add-on one and i'd say get the Fahrenheit one. Its cheap but pretty good. It's going to be money either way.

Im glad I dont pay retail, I paid 199 for my screens.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i paid 250 for a pair of santeca 6.8 inch screens on ebay, the guys had sent me the whole headrest with the screens installed in it, taking the screen out i realized it really easy to install the stuff.the shroud where that was in the headrest he made it out of thin mdf board, he didnt have to buy the fancy stuff. i just havent had time to install it

Sammy_ES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im glad I dont pay retail, I paid 199 for my screens.</div>

Matt, would you PM me some pics of your screens, the brand, and where you got them. Are you happy with them?

tribal
    You can get a 7'' legacy for 100 bucks. If you want the link, lemme know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im glad I dont pay retail, I paid 199 for my screens.</div>

Word!

$1000 is too damn much.. Im just tryin to floss for tha females! Not have a damn multimedia demonstration...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

The 99 Galant
    legacy screens???!!!i don't pay retail but still other than ebay most places are still in the 400+ range. But why be cheap. You wouldn't put a Legacy amp to an Orion subwoofer now would you. Thats just my opinion.

booger318
    holy shit your fucking stupid this bitch is estimating $4000 for two god damn headrests.... i did my own 7 inch no name brands high res. they are hot and its easy... im also puttin in a drop down. plus i wanna kno what you have in your ride there... "the 99 galant" i cant stand it when people get on here with there damn best buy commercial speaches. hey guy do a search on ebay type in headrest monitor and pick out whatever you want.. and p.s orion subs suck

Ollpen
    Well, thats a friendly intelligent post as well..

Anyway, there are cheap ones on Ebay as well:

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/SaleSearc...osortproperty=3

yep

i must agree that the broad needs to keep her cleaning outfit on as her brain is out to luinch, worst case scenario you get charged $450 for 2 tv's in the headrest and done professionally in a store as thats the rate in the bronx where i am at...
    doing my thing, one mod at a time

i sure would like to be the salesman to sell him headrest screens i would bank if you went to circuit or best buy your lookin at 4 to 5 bills depending on size but why do that when you could diy its not to hard let me know if you attempt it and have questions i used to install at circuit

at
    I have a salvage galant with grey interior and white outside very little body damage just little dents. I think it has a locked motor because it ticks and it has a new starter. It is a total part out and I have parts from many other galants in the past. Pm me if you need any parts and I will let you know if I have them or not.

soooo. matt you wanna hook me up w/ some deals?

TGC Regular
    Yo Dark, you should've talked to me before this past weekend. I just sold 2- 5.6" tilting Cadence montiors for $200. I always get good deals from my boy's shop in Augusta. I sold those units to go with a new line of tvs he's carrying called Blackmore. The picture quality of these 7" lcd,tft monitors are great. He's selling them for $220 each in think, if your interested I'll check to make sure. Also I think he charges $20 a piece to mount screens in the headrest, w/o wiring them up. And charges a little more to run the wires.