The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Getting some goodies for my G

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Dark7GHawk

Getting some goodies for my G

Getting some goodies from Ebay soon.

First and foremost, I am bidding on a Short Shifter, should be fun....

Getting a replacement middle taillight section, and I will be modding the center to have lights like in Illest's Tutorial.

Getting a new MAS adapter that goes to 4" instead of my current 6" one, since only K&N makes a 6" inlet filter and I am tired of looking for one to replace mine.

Now I just need to find a good shift boot. I like my stock knob, but its getting old, anyone know where to find a mildly used or new Galant OEM shift knob?

Just thought I would share my good fortune.

Dark7GHawk
    Guess I should show some pics.

Reverse Glow Guages

Short Shifter

Replacement Tail Light section

New MAS Adapter and filter

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Does it have to be an OEM shift boot? i've seen some aftermarket shift boots that dont overdo it..

Dark7GHawk
    I want a leather stitched aftermarket, but one that is very nice. Perhaps grey or black suede. Something I can find or refit my stock shift knob to match.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Congrats Darkhawk on the stuff.

How much did you pay for the short shifter? I was going to go that route..but my buddy shortens shifters for the DSM guys locally.

I have 2 sets of 94-96 7g taillights...how much did you pay for the centerpiece taillight?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Dark7GHawk
    Both are still in progress.

Shifter is going to be $45 plus S&H.

Light is going to be $30 plus S&H

unless someone else bids, but I doubt it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    http://www.modacar.com/products/Mitsubishi...Galant/MODASHB/

Not EXACTLY what you were looking for.. but some nice boots nonetheless.

Dark7GHawk
    Price is a bit much for what I am after.

Something like that can be handmade and still look ok. I will more than likely craft something out of suede leather myself and use that.

Of course when I get all this I will post pics when I get a hold of a camera.

I will probably also do a tut on installation of the short shifter and the guage overlays.

Dark7GHawk
    Is there any interest in a short shifter or indiglo guages installation tutorial?

Dark7GHawk
    Oh, and the gauges look even better in person.

Idiot selling me the shifter sent me an intake. Then he tried to get me to send it back on my money. Ha! I told him to send me a shipping label and I would gladly send it to him. And I wouldnt pay a cent more for this item to get to me. Though I didn't tell him that. None the less, I am not leaving my neutral feedback explaining this until I get it in hand, if it takes forever I am going to ask for money back and leave some really nasty feedback. Dude doesn't even have a name, just seller name is some 6 digit number. Heh.

Though I can tell you its Ken Lu in Texas.

Somedays.

Either way, pics are on the way, at least as soon as I get a camera. And the install of the gauges took nearly 1 hr because I had to do it by the seat of my pants and I couldnt get the needles to move freely, finally figured out I just need to not put them all the way on, just enought to get a grip of the post. And needles do need to be removed to get the best fitment. Either way, I can show you where I hid the wiring and how I ran it. It wasn't hard, but fitting, testing , removing and resetting needles took a while.