The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removed my resonator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    TWISTED II
    you should be fine with just removing the resonator. i think as long as you leave a cat, your ok. in the burbs, the cops worry about sound. you can leave your 2 resonators, and the cat, but if your can is too loud, your screwed. i don't really think there is going to be a noticable difference with the subtraction of a resonator. where in the chicago burbs are you?

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Djayfusion99_es_v6)</div><div class='quotemain'>so let me ask u this if u remove the resonator did u lose back pressure? and is it fawking up anything in the engine internally? cuz i was thinking of a setup of... this is what i have intake and exhaust wise i have an injen cold air, magnaflow HFC, and a Remus muffler DTM style sounds great but if i remove the resonator is that street legal in Chicago? in know in the surrounding suburbs the cops will get you here? any sound clips available? Â*

peace out,
    -djayfusion</div>

Personally I say that removing a resonator does absolutely jack just like changing your muffler out would do. If it does, it's so negligible you probably won't notice it. As for street legal I dunno about your area sorry. Out here I ran downpipes with no resonators and a straight through muffler and it was loud. Not quite VegasMatt loud, but it's still out there. The way I figured it as long as muscle cars are louder than I am, I'm safe.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

TWISTED II
    yeah, i don't think there is any real reason to do it unless you have forced induction. your not gonne be pushing that much more air with just a CAI that you would be being restricted by resonators.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12