The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Body Kit Rear Bumper Question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Body Kit Rear Bumper Question

I went to get an estimate today on my bumper this is broken on the driver's side and with labor, it'd be over $560. So I'm gonna go with a Shogun/Cyber 1 kit.

My only worry over the rear bumper. My exaust melted part of the stock bumper. Will it do the same to fiberglass? It's only touching the inside edge of the arch for the exaust pipe. Would a small heat sheild stop this?

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.

TWISTED II
    well, there is about a half in or less between my can and the fiberglass bumper. i wouldn't do a heat shield, cuz it would look dumb and prolly not work all that well. the bodykits cutout for the can is bigger than stock, and if that doesn't work, i would have them lower the hanger on the exhaust slightly so it will clear. fiberglass won't melt, but it might burn the paint and catch fire or something, lol.

As long as fiberglass doesnt melt, it should be fine. It's melted on the back of the very inside of the cutout so I'll take a look at how much it takes to lower the hanger. Thanks Twisted

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.