The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: interior paint

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

interior paint

does anybody know of any links to websites where i can view different colors i could use to paint my interior? i jus installed two black lights and i was thinkin about painting my trim to glow with the black light.
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600

NYmagicstk
    you might have some luck at cardomain, but most of those pics are of exteriors. I did my interior in [b]<span style='color:blue'>True Blue</span> it looks hot. In the month that I've had it, I got a lot of compliments. As far as painting your int. to glow with the black light... I bet it will be tight... if you do that, post pics.

Experienced TGC Member
    WAIT BEFORE YOU PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have recently painted my interior a metallic deep blue, like it, but paint is going bad, I have been wanting to find someone that is willing to trade me their interior pieces for my interior pieces(which i will sand for them); but the thing is, I am looking for the silver, black, or carbon fiber twist pieces; not the woodgrain,

let me know what you wish to paint and maybe we can work something out, lol

but check out my WWW for my cardomain pics, i think on the second page it shows my interior in that blue color,

goodluck w/ your choices though!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Chris

I just started painting my trim pieces and after using krylon fusion paint and not getting the desired results i wanted due to my lack of patience i am redoing it. PATIENCE is the key. Plan to do this for atleast 2 days if you want to do it right. First clean all the pieces with dish soap and water to loosen up the dirt,oils and all that other crap we put on our cars. Dry very thorougly then use some alcohol to clean again to make sure its real good. I think the best thing to do from what i heard from Ken and my father who owns an autobody shop is to use a high build primer (SEM makes a good one) and sand really well. Sand every single spot and try to stay as even as possible, a sanding block might help with that. once everything is sanded down again clean it with alcohol before paint and make sure the pieces are free of any marks, lint, etc. Try and get a hold of some automotive paint for good looking and long lasting results. I would use anywhere from 2-3 coats of paint then 2-3 coats of clear. Wait about an hour between coats and make sure u spray about 8-10 inches away from the piece. Thin, light coats works best. After paint let it cure for atleast 24 hours before putting back into the car. I hope this helps.

i used some plasti-kote car color, a silver metal, for my trim and it looks good. i started with valspar plastic primer cuz sandin sux. i jus followed the directions on the can for applyin the primer. then i did a couple coats of the silver, followin the directions on the can, then i used plasti-kote kustom effex klear kote and followed the directions. it turned out good but the trim pieces feel a lil rough. with a lil more practice, that process should make ur trim pieces look professionally done. im still waitin for my black light accent paint, a lil concept im testin out.
    2001 silver GTZ
    stock and MD state inspected, ready to be sold, $9600