The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: v6 intake plenum removal for spark plug change

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Greatparts

v6 intake plenum removal for spark plug change

I'm new to this forum, does anyone have a good set of directions to remove the plenum so the back 3 spark plugs can be attained???

Sweating in Kentucky

Experienced TGC Member
    My personal tutorial:
    Take off every single bolt that is attached to the plenum. Seriously, all the bolts that need to be taken off are readily visible.

It looks really complicated, but its quite straight foward. Don't forget to plug your vacuum lines back in also (especially the big ass hose that connects to the master brake cylinder).

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>My personal tutorial:
    Take off every single bolt that is attached to the plenum. Â*Seriously, all the bolts that need to be taken off are readily visible.

It looks really complicated, but its quite straight foward. Â*Don't forget to plug your vacuum lines back in also (especially the big ass hose that connects to the master brake cylinder).</div>

yeah, look around the plenum on all sides so your not standing in front of the car for 2 hours looking confused
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Re: v6 intake plenum removal for spark plug change

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Greatparts)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm new to this forum, does anyone have a good set of directions to remove the plenum so the back 3 spark plugs can be attained???

Sweating in Kentucky</div>
    kentucky eh?
    where you at?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Greatparts

Where in Kentucky?

So sorry for the long time in responding. I live about 18 mi. east of
    Bowling Green :idea: :shock:

but what are the actual tourqe specs on the bolts when you put the plenum back on? does anyone know this?
    tein springs
    2 12" kicker comp vrs
    cadence z series amp
    panasonic head unit

hubcaps baby need i say more
    she's a work in progress

I was searching for this tutorial in some easy to print out form with no luck so I created pdf file with all text and pictures from above link. Maybe it will help somebody.

http://vmc-pl.net/plenum_removal_guide.pdf

plenum removal

Should I replace the intake gasket while i have the intake off or is it usually reusable if it looks good?

Thanks,
    Ryan

'01 GTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo819 View Post
    Should I replace the intake gasket while i have the intake off or is it usually reusable if it looks good?
    You could reuse the old one if it looks good, but if you will not touch it for an other 60K, I'd just replace it. It's an inexpensive item.

Im doing the plenum removal this afternoon to change the spark plugs. I've been at it a few hours already. :D

I've got 2 or 3 steps left before taking the plenum off, I am a little unsure on step 8, unplugging the wire harness to the sensors. As it says I push out on the flairs (gently with a watch screw driver) and the brown part of the connector comes away, however The wires going into the black part of the connector are still firmly in place.

Im sure this is really simple, I just being cautious not to mess it up.

These are the connectors Im talking about that I want to unplug:

Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnapper View Post

Thanks for any suggestions. :)
    You see the metal clip on this pic going accross the black part? Thats where you'd disconnect the sensor. Anyway, just unbolt the the screws on the sides and pull the whole thing out. No need to disconnect the wire, and the sensor needs to come out anyway if your cleaning the mani.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    You see the metal clip on this pic going accross the black part? Thats where you'd disconnect the sensor. Anyway, just unbolt the the screws on the sides and pull the whole thing out. No need to disconnect the wire, and the sensor needs to come out anyway if your cleaning the mani.
    Thanks very much, I'll just unbolt that one, and unclip the other.