The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
Showing results 181 to 200 of 1392
    bummer... maybe someone shall chime in then... Hey thought, 2 steps colder spark plugs should do right? I had everything written down at one point, and put it in the special place, where I put my important turbo part, and now I can't find any of them lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Talk to SPD_FRK, Deez, or Isuario on the tuning. SPD is doing tuning and isuarios is tuning deez's car, andhelp with the deffinition files. Also i would start by reading all the tuning stuff over on Evom. Get a notebook cause its alot to grasp. I started my own tuning notebook, with stuff i have found interesting, i would like to do, and stuff i struggled with understadning.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You should use a 7 or 8 heat range for turbo, if thats what your asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Talk to SPD_FRK, Deez, or Isuario on the tuning. SPD is doing tuning and isuarios is tuning deez's car, andhelp with the deffinition files. Also i would start by reading all the tuning stuff over on Evom. Get a notebook cause its alot to grasp. I started my own tuning notebook, with stuff i have found interesting, i would like to do, and stuff i struggled with understadning.
    Well there is a youtube video series from evom that I've been checking out, but just need to know some of the basic basics lol. I know the ideal afr is 14.7 BUT there is also tons of factors, load, boost pressue and rpm, all rolled into one yeah know? just a lot of ish

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    You should use a 7 or 8 heat range for turbo, if thats what your asking.
    yep thats what I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Well there is a youtube video series from evom that I've been checking out, but just need to know some of the basic basics lol. I know the ideal afr is 14.7 BUT there is also tons of factors, load, boost pressue and rpm, all rolled into one yeah know? just a lot of ish

yep thats what I was asking.
    There is alot of ish, just start a notebook. I have done that and it has helped me quit abit so i am not trying o find that page again where i saw that little bit of info. there is soo much out there that its hard to find the tiniest thing

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Too much writing where's the pics! Lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    There is alot of ish, just start a notebook. I have done that and it has helped me quit abit so i am not trying o find that page again where i saw that little bit of info. there is soo much out there that its hard to find the tiniest thing
    Yeah I know I was like holy shiznit... I just gotta sit down and do it lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Too much writing where's the pics! Lol
    in time man in time, heck you got a preview lol, just to busy right now to post pics up and explain everything maybe tuesday I wil update this with some pics haha

I dont know if I can get away with it or not, but the power steering cooler... can I remove it? I don't do autocross, so I won't be heating up the fluid that quick... just a thought

I dont know if I can get away with it or not, but the power steering cooler... can I remove it? I don't do autocross, so I won't be heating up the fluid that quick... just a thought
    Yes.

As long as you dont live in a place where its super super hot and do a lot of constant turning, you'll be fine. I havent had a cooler in 5 years. However, I do plan on adding one and putting it in a more convenient location. I know your moving it to gain access for your intercooler. Here is what I did. I removed the cooler. That vertical support bar that goes from the hood latch to the bottom of the radiator support that has the bolt going thru it on the bottom, I removed the bolt and cut that support bar flush with the top of the lower radiator support then welded the bar to the top of the lower support. Then the place where the bolt used to go it, I cut that out. Then I cut about 1/2" off the front of the lower crossmember (the one the front motor mount bolts to) it kinda sticks out further than it needs to, I cut that extra front 1/2" off and then I had enough clearance to run a 3" intercooler. If you end up using the dolphin bumper you can probably get a 3.5 or even a 4" in there.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

all i did was take that bolt out and weld up the hole and that "bracket" that goes to the hood latch to the lower part of the rad support and viola, i fit a 4" intercooler in there. i did have to cut the bumper a bit but ill get over it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Meesa wants picicatures lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    all i did was take that bolt out and weld up the hole and that "bracket" that goes to the hood latch to the lower part of the rad support and viola, i fit a 4" intercooler in there. i did have to cut the bumper a bit but ill get over it.
    yeah for a USDM bumper that will work, JDM is much shorter so its a really tight fit
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Yes.

As long as you dont live in a place where its super super hot and do a lot of constant turning, you'll be fine. I havent had a cooler in 5 years. However, I do plan on adding one and putting it in a more convenient location. I know your moving it to gain access for your intercooler. Here is what I did. I removed the cooler. That vertical support bar that goes from the hood latch to the bottom of the radiator support that has the bolt going thru it on the bottom, I removed the bolt and cut that support bar flush with the top of the lower radiator support then welded the bar to the top of the lower support. Then the place where the bolt used to go it, I cut that out. Then I cut about 1/2" off the front of the lower crossmember (the one the front motor mount bolts to) it kinda sticks out further than it needs to, I cut that extra front 1/2" off and then I had enough clearance to run a 3" intercooler. If you end up using the dolphin bumper you can probably get a 3.5 or even a 4" in there.
    Thanks for the explanation, it gets around 90 here so I stuck with it, I just just squeezed it in lol, not really there is alot of room with the right intercooler and bumper combo. At first I was going to cut the U shae at the end of the cooler where it does the 180 to go back to hoses, then I was thinking about taking it off, lol and yeah I just left it on there for peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle;67962,3
    Yeah I tried fitting the cooler with the stock bumper, didn't mind cutting that one, but i really didn't want to cut the new style

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Meesa wants picicatures lol
    yeah yeah lol
    ok friday I got some 3m Dinoc. Wasn't really impressed with the work-ability... lol needless to say I have a new found respect for vinyl people lol
    this thing to me 4 hours, I have never been so mad at a sticker!

Today I bolted the intercooler up, turbo, feed lines and everything so I can have them adjust the evo icp so it lines up nice.

and I ended the night on a good stroke lol oil pan is off, I have to drill it for the return line, and whats better, above the baffle, or below? I was thinking above so that it drains quick, but IDK if its going to hit a rod or the crank, so Maybe below the baffle? IDK

I gotta look for pics of the drain line. I did an oil pan for Drew a few years ago with a drain line for the turbo, I had my engine machine shop locate the drain on the pan in the right place, he actually test fit it on a 4G64 bottom end he had just built at the shop to make sure nothing hit it.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

^AWESOME! That saves a TON of Time! Thanks man!

Loving the pics and all. Thanks for digging up that thread Brian.

Looking forward to seeing it all together.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Loving the pics and all. Thanks for digging up that thread Brian.

Looking forward to seeing it all together.
    Thanks man hopefully I can tune by friday :) AHAHA I so excited lol, but on the down side, drove like 1/2 mile to get the intercooler fabbed up, turns out his guy called in sick so he had to do stuff... so tommorrow.... blah blah blah... but the g sounds bad ass lol I can here the turbo spool over the exhaust though, which is only because I have a foot of old exhuast off the O2 housing
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-06-2011 at 09:40 PM Reason: poor spelling and grammer lol :)

What's the easiest way to get to the ecu? Quick and painless?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    What's the easiest way to get to the ecu? Quick and painless?
    Its really not so bad to get to the ECU. you do have to unbolt the heater motor or what ever that massive thing is. But trust me...not hard to do and deff not a pain.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast