PDA

View Full Version : Galant specific grounding kit

BIGMONEYDAY
11-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Okay fellas, I need your input. I know most of us have seen these "earth" or "circular" grounding kits that alot of places are offering from anywhere from $50-$140, for a relatively simple project. I'm thinking of test building one, and if it comes out pretty good maybe custom making them for others since I can get the parts for cost. But I need your help with some of the basics. To make a kit specific for the the 8G engine, whether it be the i4 or the V6, which components need to be "grounded" to this common point. Let me know so I can get the parts and start prototyping a unit.

BIGMONEYDAY
11-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Well that seems kind of bad that no one has or even wants to put any ideas on the boards for such a simple mod. But since no one knew anything here I got the info I needed from another forum. If this kit goes well, I'll let some of you know....who knows I might even give some members one for free depending on how much cable I have left.

Elwenil
11-16-2003, 12:10 PM
From what I've read, you almost need a dyno to figure out where to put the cables. Some places appearantly work better than others, but I haven't yet figured out exactly why. For this reason I haven't tried one of these kits, but you have my attention, so let us know what your found out, ok? :wink:

BIGMONEYDAY
11-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey man, I understand what your saying about using the dyno to "truly" know. The info that I'm going to use came from the mounting points on the Lancer. Hopefully that will be a close enough match to at least start this project. But I'll let you know if it works.

Mindless
11-16-2003, 03:40 PM
yeah, to maximize the power gain you would have to have a dyno. But I would think that just having more/better grounding points would yield some sort of minimal gain.

Faction
11-16-2003, 03:43 PM
just get some thick car audio wires, crimp em' and bolt them around the engine

Danger DANJ
11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
I already have one that is made for our application. I got it from a guy who put them together over on Club 3G a while back. If you need me to take pics of my engine bay, let me know. Also, I have the instructions with the lengths of the different cables that you'll need.

ChikagoGTZ
11-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I bought the one off of the guy from Club3g and am very happy with it, not sure if I get any HP out of it but my lights are a little brighter and my idle is a little smoother, he sells a 5 wire set with 4 gauge wire for 60 bucks shipped, installed in like 15 minutes....you can always add more wires to the set....would cost like 10-15 more per wire....everything was well made and used quality components....I suggest you check eclipseforum for the info.

nrgizeman
11-17-2003, 08:29 PM
take a picture of where wires are please.

manybrews
11-17-2003, 09:14 PM
a grounding kit is simply the largest waste of money you could ever invest in your car, whether its judged by time or money.

there is NOTHING to be gained in anyway.

ChikagoGTZ
11-17-2003, 09:19 PM
I'll add the last part of Many's post....IMO....do what you want to your ride, if you feel it adds something, and you are happy, then do it...

Lazarus
11-17-2003, 09:34 PM
THsis is sad Did anyone attempy to do a search? Someof you know better.

WHere teh kit goes on the I4 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21346&highlight=ground+wires+kit')

You can do it yourself. of if you go to the elcipse forums they have an application.

And why the hell would you have to dyno after putting ground wires on?That's like Dynoing after you put a bunch of APC stickers on your car.

Danger DANJ
11-17-2003, 11:51 PM
a grounding kit is simply the largest waste of money you could ever invest in your car, whether its judged by time or money.

there is NOTHING to be gained in anyway.

Honestly, I'm going to agree with manybrews. I didn't notice a single thing from the grounding kit. My car always idled smooth, so I didn't notice a difference there. The main reason I got the kit was in hopes my lights wouldn't dim when the bass from my system hit, but my lights still dim. My engine bay looks cooler with the red wires, but that's about it.

Fishboy55
11-18-2003, 02:57 AM
Yep, I'm going to agree with Dave on this one too. Didn't notice any changes at all with the grounding kit, despite the claims made by some manufacturers of HP gains. But it does add a nice touch to my engine bay. I also got the one from club 3g, and was the first galant he made one for, so I guess I've had it the longest. Dave got his right after I did. Bottom line, no significant improvements.

Oh, and if anybody had bothered to do a search, they might have found this post. http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...ght=hyperground ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7823&highlight=hyperground')

manybrews
11-19-2003, 04:47 PM
trust me, if there were grounding issues of ANY kind with your cars, you would know it. And the cars are engineered WAY too well for things like that.

BIGMONEYDAY
11-19-2003, 10:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>trust me, if there were grounding issues of ANY kind with your cars, you would know it. Â*And the cars are engineered WAY too well for things like that.</div>

I agree with what most of you are saying, but the main reason I wanted to make one of these is to "dress up" the engine a little more even though I know it won't do too much as far as performance. And even though I love my 8G to death, I do want to play devil's advocate for a sec with Manybrews last post. If Mitsubishi had really designed/engineered such a superb car...why did I get so many recall notices?....lol