PDA

View Full Version : OD button not working?

slimon
11-15-2003, 10:08 AM
my 1991 galant does not seem to work when i push od on the gear changer? it seems to disconect the clutch plate so there is just no torque at all? does anyone know if this is a gearbox issue or some sort of electrical failure?? As i live in the uk this button is very important as fuel in this country is very expensive!!! can any one advise ?? pleeeease?

many thanks.....simon :cry:

Rasko Da Gama
11-15-2003, 12:45 PM
First my M8, welcome to the best place for Galant owners! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I am sorry but I personaly can't help you. But soon manybrews or kenn inn will come up with some sort of idea what could be wrong.

This is actually a 6G Car problems issue but, for the first time - no prblem mate :wink:

manybrews
11-16-2003, 01:52 AM
if your car appears to go into nuetral when attempting to shift into overdrive, you more than likely have a failed end clutch assembly.

jeucken
11-16-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm a total n00b at automatics (since most people in Holland drive stick), so what exactly does the OD button do?

marktheblake
11-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I am also a n00b but basically its another 'gear'. Gear ratios are 1.x to 1. Overdrive is normally somethig like 0.x:1 (like 0.9 to 1)

Was in my mates car the other day, a Korean Kia with a 1.5l engine. He is doing 100k at 2500rpm. I couldnt beleive it, my G sits on around 2850rpm at 100k. But thats what Overdrive does.

jeucken
01-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Speaking of overdrive buttons, does anyone have a schematic of such a button? I took one out of a 6g on a car junkyard and I would like to rebuild it a little so that I can use it for the blue neon under my car. This is because it fits exactly into the dash of my car.

It just needs to be a simple switch. So: ON and OFF.