PDA

View Full Version : Hit the median...

ChikagoGTZ
11-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Alright, I was driving to work this morning and I had a blowout on the front driver side tire, I lost control for a second and hit the median (curb) from the side pretty hard (50mph). My stock rim is bent and messed up but that's cheap...the problem is after I put my rear tire on the front and drove it around a little there is a slight rubbing sound coming from the wheel area....I know the alignment is way off now but is there a possibility of any other serious damage? I inspected the suspension and nothing looked bent or broken, the axle looked fine as well, I'm not sure if there really is anything wrong other than my alignment being messed up, please offer any advice you may have.

nrgizeman
11-15-2003, 01:39 PM
you got hit by a curb? i got hit by a car on my right front wheel! and i had the same problem as you. i was worried too. so although body components were ok and repairs were not really necessary, i took it to the body shop to get everything repaired with insurance. shop owner told me that this was bent that was bent blah blah blah. but guess what? all he did was got me an alignment and painted my bumper, and problems were fixed. so dont worry and get a new rim and an alignment.

ChikagoGTZ
11-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah, damn curb just jumped out at me....I'm making a claim with Costco and saying that the tire was a defect and that they are responsible for the damages....I'm just gonna go to PepBoys and get an alignment....anyone have a spare 00 wheel?

GalantGuy96
11-15-2003, 03:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nrgizeman)</div><div class='quotemain'>you got hit by a curb? i got hit by a car on my right front wheel! and i had the same problem as you. i was worried too. so although body components were ok and repairs were not really necessary, i took it to the body shop to get everything repaired with insurance. shop owner told me that this was bent that was bent blah blah blah. but guess what? all he did was got me an alignment and painted my bumper, and problems were fixed. so dont worry and get a new rim and an alignment.</div>...curbs cant hit cars

RollinBishiStyle
11-15-2003, 07:14 PM
Yea they can, one jumped out at me one night and bent both my wheels :x
..........ok i lyed i hit it :oops:

Faction
11-16-2003, 05:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nrgizeman)</div><div class='quotemain'>you got hit by a curb? i got hit by a car on my right front wheel! and i had the same problem as you. i was worried too. so although body components were ok and repairs were not really necessary, i took it to the body shop to get everything repaired with insurance. shop owner told me that this was bent that was bent blah blah blah. but guess what? all he did was got me an alignment and painted my bumper, and problems were fixed. so dont worry and get a new rim and an alignment.</div>...curbs cant hit cars</div>

dumbass you know what he means

MidNightRacing
11-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey a curb hit me too. I was leavin the store (some time early this week) n it was really foggy. when i turned left it jus run under my right tire! Nothing happened to my car (thank god!) especially b/c i have it droped. Could have broken my tranny pan! :shock:

GalantGuy96
11-16-2003, 06:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Faction)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nrgizeman)</div><div class='quotemain'>you got hit by a curb? i got hit by a car on my right front wheel! and i had the same problem as you. i was worried too. so although body components were ok and repairs were not really necessary, i took it to the body shop to get everything repaired with insurance. shop owner told me that this was bent that was bent blah blah blah. but guess what? all he did was got me an alignment and painted my bumper, and problems were fixed. so dont worry and get a new rim and an alignment.</div>...curbs cant hit cars</div>

dumbass you know what he means</div>
joke

Auto-9
11-16-2003, 08:33 PM
When you get an alignment make sure they show you the readings. My caster was out by 2 degrees (well...actually it still is since I never fixed it) from my impact, and caster on the Galant is non-adjustable which means probably frame work time.

ChikagoGTZ
11-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Well, I'm taking it to my mechanic to check out before I get an alignment anyway....I can use some time under the G....I havent replaced anything yet....this may be good, or royally piss me off....time to finda junk yard