PDA

View Full Version : advance timing

GTZpinoy
09-16-2002, 09:53 PM
does anybody know how to advance the timing on the GTZ. and is there anyway to make the GTZ manual, because I bought an automatic and i want to make it stick. (my mom bought the car and handed it down to me, because she doesn't like it). thanx for the help bro.

ASTIG
09-16-2002, 10:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>does anybody know how to advance the timing on the GTZ. and is there anyway to make the GTZ manual, because I bought an automatic and i want to make it stick. (my mom bought the car and handed it down to me, because she doesn't like it). thanx for the help bro.</div>

why do you want to advance the timing?

the easiest way to convert the GTZ to manual is do a tranny, engine, ecu swap with an eclipse GT. for the money its gonna cost, why even bother? so i guess you're stuck with the auto for now. if you want a stick, sell the car and buy one that's a manual...probably will save you some serious $$$

Black2k1GTZ
09-17-2002, 01:53 AM
If you wanna advance the timing you will want to buy an AEM cam gea
r. But with out an aftermarket cam shaft yo uwont see any notice able difference!!!

As for the manual swap...it shouldnt cost more than like $1000 for the tranny and everything you will need...but install could be a bitch depending on where you take it to get the install done!!

Marc :mg:

pinoyesv6
09-17-2002, 07:30 AM
hey Marc, to advance the timing on the i4 its the AEM cam gear. for the v6 its the Fidanza cam gear. but without proper dyno tuning, you can cause some serious problems to your car. o yea club 3g says the approximate price for it will be around 300 dollars and IMO, its not worth it like marc said without a cam or something so u can see more gains out of it. something. for 300 dollars, i'd like get a rebored throttle body and an intake to see more gains...

GTZpinoy
09-18-2002, 08:21 PM
thanx for the help bros. i'll keep it in mind

GTZpinoy
09-18-2002, 08:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>
As for the manual swap...it shouldnt cost more than like $1000 for the tranny and everything you will need...but install could be a bitch depending on where you take it to get the install done!!

Marc :mg:</div>

what tranny would be compatible with the GTZ?

Ol School Pervert
09-18-2002, 08:27 PM
Mitsubishi should've had manual tranny available in the GTZ ATLEAST. I mean if someone buys a GTZ they obviously want a hint of sportiness in their sedan. They need new people to run that company! :x

pinoyesv6
09-18-2002, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>

what tranny would be compatible with the GTZ?</div>

the v6 eclipse tranny is compatible. u just need a few more things for installation.

GTZpinoy
09-19-2002, 10:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>

the v6 eclipse tranny is compatible. u just need a few more things for installation.</div>

how much would this run me? parts and labor.

pinoyesv6
09-19-2002, 11:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>

the v6 eclipse tranny is compatible. u just need a few more things for installation.</div>

how much would this run me? parts and labor.</div>

actually to tell u the truth, i'd go and ask around. different shops will give u different numbers. look somewhere close to 3k. including the necessary interior work to be done

GTZpinoy
09-20-2002, 01:37 PM
thanx. do you know by any chance of any shops in florida (specially orlando) that specialize on mitsubishi's? anybody... thanx.