PDA

View Full Version : Bad Thermostat

nasko
11-17-2003, 10:47 AM
:?: My thermostat on my 2000 Galant ihas gone bad. How do I find it , and then how do I replace it. Is it easy or hard. Any advice would be appreciated :?:

luxcrusr2000
11-17-2003, 01:33 PM
I think it's on the end of the lower coolant hose on the engine. Trace your lower coolant hose from the bottom of the radiator to the block, and look for a metal l-shaped fitting. I believe that's where it is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

o1naturalhigh
08-17-2004, 11:50 PM
hmm....i clicked car problems,9th gen only,moved:bad thermostat...and top says...car problems 8th gen...is it me?? am i seeing things?? am i going crazy??? this topic is about a 2000 galant, and i clicked 9th gen. but says 8g at top. hey mod...can u answer this?

Mathas
08-18-2004, 12:43 AM
My thermostat on my 2000 Galant ihas gone bad. How do I find it , and then how do I replace it. Is it easy or hard. Any advice would be appreciated
luxcrusr2000 is correct, it's on the end of your lower coolant hose. Remove the clamp on the hose, remove the water inlet fitting, the pull the thermostat out.

There's a rubber ring on the new thermostat... be extra careful not to get any oil on it, and make sure it doesn't bend or fold over when you're putting it in.

hmm....i clicked car problems,9th gen only,moved:bad thermostat...and top says...car problems 8th gen...is it me?? am i seeing things?? am i going crazy??? this topic is about a 2000 galant, and i clicked 9th gen. but says 8g at top. hey mod...can u answer this?
I would guess that the original poster posted it in the 9G forums on accident(since he says it's a 2000, which obviously isn't a 9G) and a moderator moved it to the correct forum.

On some php-based message boards like this one, moving a thread leaves behind a link to the new location, so people don't panic and repost when they can't find the thread they started in the wrong forum.

If it says "moved: [topic]", you're seeing the link to the new location of the topic, not the actual topic itself.

o1naturalhigh
08-18-2004, 12:53 AM
thought i was trippin for a sec. thanks for clearing that up