PDA

View Full Version : shocks & struts

dlvetoblue
09-17-2002, 09:55 AM
hey guys, i haven't visited the forum in forever, but i just wanted to ask about the KYB AGX shocks & struts. I've been waiting several months just like others have for KYB to produce the damn struts that they've promising. I got tired of waiting and since i live by Road Race Engineering, I was just going to get the strut inserts. But when i went to their website today, it says that they KYB finally started producing the struts and that Road Race Engineering have them in stock right now. Is this true? Being away from the post for a month kinda got me lost. I was also wondering how many people have the KYB AGX struts and shocks on their cars and how it works out. What kind of settings it has, how comfortable and uncomfortable they are, and their provention against scraping the ground. I also know that couple people got the strut inserts before the KYB AGX's were ever available. I was just wondering how those worked out. Your knowledge & input will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys...

pinoyesv6
09-17-2002, 09:57 AM
the struts our out...but according to the guys @ rre, the inserts are better

burthold
09-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Yep, the koni's are probably much better but for twice the price I waited for the KYB's. They go into the car friday I'm taking them on a pretty long road trip so I'll post how I think they ride and the like.

Wes

mochanges
09-17-2002, 12:19 PM
One thing, the reason RRE says the Konis are better is because they are more comfortable. My beef with the Konis is that the rebound isn't adjustable, only the compression. The KYBs, on the other hand, are both rebound and compression adjustable. I am switching from Koni to KYB.

-Mohammad

Ghost Beat
09-17-2002, 05:38 PM
i got all 4's havent put the fronts on havent had the time to do it yet but the rears made a huge dfference so the ronts should help a lot too