PDA

View Full Version : Trunk - not safe?

mike969mb
11-17-2003, 11:34 PM
My friends car got broken into and in the last month it has been two my friends cars. Starting to be concerned, especially about the trunk since someone can just bust the window and pop the trunk - where my amps and subs, close to a 1000 worth of stuff. And i have a 02 so i don't have a key hole for the trunk, but i do have the relay put on for my alarm to it, but is there anything i can do besides cut the trunk release wire, just in case my remote doesn't work?

Thanks,
mike

pinoyesv6
11-17-2003, 11:40 PM
you can also secure your stuff in the trunk better. i mean i've seen many people just use regular phillips head screws to hold their parts in but im guessing if you go one step better and maybe rivet the parts to the sheet metal of the car or hell even use torx screws or something to hold it in better. its one thing to break into the trunk but getting the things out is another. its not lke most people carry around a cordless drill in their cars to drill out rivets or special screwdrivers to remove the screws u have

if your still worried, put a horn in the back with a battery backup. that way when ur alarm goes off it can be heard easily in the trunk where they will be working. and get the battery backup just cuz u know they gonna cut ur battery cable.

MitsuRacer
11-19-2003, 10:00 AM
Design a small automated mini-gun mounted on the inside of the trunk lid so when the alarm goes off and the trunk opens the person gets blown away!! :twisted:

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
11-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Design a small automated mini-gun mounted on the inside of the trunk lid so when the alarm goes off and the trunk opens the person gets blown away!! :twisted: u know i was thinkin the exact same thing ...... jk ! lol ! good idea tho :wink: