PDA

View Full Version : Idle with intake

Alexey
11-18-2003, 01:17 AM
My car seems to idle at a little bit of a higher RPM rate since I got my intake. Is that normal or is there something that needs to be adjusted (excluding messing with the throttle cable) :?

11-18-2003, 01:43 AM
don't see why intake should affect this. Maybe you (or your installer) accidentally messed with that idle screw that i keep hearing about? But what do I know, I'm just a honda driver.

pinoyesv6
11-19-2003, 09:12 AM
uhm make sure that your connections are all good. especially the MAS. make srue that it is plugged in. other than that, you should be fine. your car is just getting used to the increased airflow

Fishboy55
11-20-2003, 09:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>uhm make sure that your connections are all good. especially the MAS. make srue that it is plugged in. other than that, you should be fine. your car is just getting used to the increased airflow</div> If an intake leak or a disconnected MAS would cause the car to idle higher than normal and not throw an SES light, I'd be very surprised. Of course that's based on my experience with intakes. Maybe you have some inside information you'd like to share?

pinoyesv6
11-20-2003, 12:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>If an intake leak or a disconnected MAS would cause the car to idle higher than normal and not throw an SES light, I'd be very surprised. Of course that's based on my experience with intakes. Maybe you have some inside information you'd like to share?</div>

Alexey didn't mention having an ses light or not but i thought i'd mention it just in case. im just tryna give suggestion to maybe finding a solution to a possible problem. i dunno waht the hell is your problem but im basing my shit on problems and experience that i've gone thru with not only my car but other cars that i've worked on. if ur at least gonna say something at least give some insight to fixing alexey's problem. if u have a problem with me say it to my fuckign face~!

Fishboy55
11-21-2003, 06:17 AM
If an intake leak or a disconnected MAS would cause the car to idle higher than normal and not throw an SES light, I'd be very surprised. Of course that's based on my experience with intakes. Maybe you have some inside information you'd like to share?

Alexey didn't mention having an ses light or not but i thought i'd mention it just in case. im just tryna give suggestion to maybe finding a solution to a possible problem. i dunno waht the hell is your problem but im basing my shit on problems and experience that i've gone thru with not only my car but other cars that i've worked on. if ur at least gonna say something at least give some insight to fixing alexey's problem. if u have a problem with me say it to my fuckign face~!

Aww aren't we a little testy today... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif No it's no problem except wasting time reading your posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the problem. In your vast experience with modding cars, disconnect your MAS or loosen a flange enough to cause an air leak and let me know if your idle gets higher. I guarantee you that if either of those things happens, your car will idle lower and more roughly. However you are getting closer to 7000 posts...
http://mitsu_i4.galants.com/pics/postwhore.jpg